After having first session, I realized I should have taken more off (getting a coverup over existing tattoo). Too late now?

Had first Picosure session a few days ago. getting part of my tattoo sleeve lasered to lighten it so I can get something new. Today I had an idea for the cover-up, but my artist said for the new idea, I should have gotten a few more inches taken off the existing tattoo with the laser. Is it too late to do this now? If I went back in to get the extra few inches taken off, won't that throw everything off? Wont both areas fade at different rates? Or is this not a big deal and I'm overthinking it?

Additional Pico session

Great question - We have many people come in for tattoo removal who are wanting to have cover up done after lightening up their current tattoo. My standard recommendation for these patients is to have 2-3 treatment prior to returning to their tattoo artist for their new cover up. Having an additional treatment will only benefit the removal of your current tattoo. We have been using Pico in our office for over 2 years and we find it far superior to any other laser tattoo removal available. Best of luck!

Overthinking Tattoo Removal

Thanks for your question.  You are overthinking your tattoo removal.  We have over 2 years of experience using the PicoSure laser for tattoo removal.  Tattoos never fade evenly and they always take much longer to fade than we expect.  You can go back and get more areas treated.  You might notice a fading difference initially, but the tattoo will even out over time.  Best of luck!

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician