My hair is breaking and I'm finding it doesn't grow. What should I do, who should I see?

Hi if you can please give me some information I would appreciate it thank you

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.  There may be numerous reasons why you are experiencing hair loss.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair breakage

You should go to a dermatologist and ask about the hair breakage. Sometimes the use of products supplied by your hair stylist can address breakage

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair breaking

There are a lot of causes of breaking hair, some medical, some nutritional, some mechanical, some environmental, some due to genetics.  It's important for you seek advice from an expert and get a proper diagnosis.  

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

My hair is breaking - what should I do?

Without seeing your scalp up close (or even a photo), I can't say. There are a few causes of hair breakage. In many women, hair breakage relates to overuse of heat and chemicals.  Hair dryers, curling irons, flat irons, bleaching, dyes, highlights can cause hair breakage.  In some women, (especially women with afro-textured hair),  it's the sign of and underlying scarring alopecia and and urgent need for a biopsy. All women with hair breakage need blood tests for thyroid and iron levels, with no exceptions. Other blood tests may be needed depending on the story. 

Getting to the root cause of helping hair growth with prp and progesterone

I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer