Is that redness part of my bruising? Is all the bulging up top implant or swelling? (photo)

1wk post op, silicone, 450left 475right, HP, under muscle. PS said bruising was normal, could the red patch be a bruise as well? SEVERE pain in chest most of the time and when breathing. Feel fluid when I bend over and stand up in left. Cant massage left bc of severe pain but right is just fine with no pain. Is the bulging high implant or swelling? I was hoping for bigger breast than they look right now. Hoping when they drop they're more full and natural with cleavage. Started back 2 wrk day 6.

Recovery

You look as if you have a normal degree of bruising for 1 week post op. The "bulging" is your implant riding home which is completely normal at this point. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle in their final position. Be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers. Best, Dr. Nazarian

A week post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

Its too early to talk about final results with only a week after surgery. In my practice, after performing a Breast Augmentation I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Redness normal

From your photos it looks as though you have a normal amount of bruising. The top of your breasts is the implant riding high which always happens in the beginning with sub muscular augmentations. They WILL drop and then your breasts will seem larger and look much better. My concern is the intense pain you feel on he left which is different than the right. This could mean you have bleeding or a hematoma on that side. See your surgeon soon!

Is that redness part of my bruising? Is all the bulging up top implant or swelling?

Best to see your surgeon every few days for very very close follow up. If still these issues at 4 weeks must consider high ring implants and/or hematoma issues... Maybe a scan to see if implants are high or any fluid in superior pockets... 

Redness

Thank you for your question and photos but if you have concerns see your surgeon as he has been following you and should give the best advice

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast augmentation

Yes, that redness can be bruising. As far as the bulging goes, it does appear that you have chosen a large implant for your frame. It will take a couple more months for that to settle down. I would suggest putting some sort of band or bandeau on top of the implants to help give a small amount of constant pressure. You can discuss this  with your surgeon. 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Is my bruising normal?

From the photos, as best as can be seen, you appear to have bruising within the normal range.  The fullness in the superior pole is both swelling and the implant.  The skin envelop appear quite tight.  It will take time for the tissues to loosen up and the implant to settle.  This usually take 3-6 weeks, but can take 3-6 months.  The use of a bandeau strap may help.  

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Redness after breast augmentation

You need to be in communication with your surgeon if you are concerned about new redness as the photos don't adequately shows what may be going on. Best to be safe and see your surgeon for an examination. Your implant shape will improve with time as your skin appears to be fairly tight and may take longer to accommodate the implants. Hope this helps

Josh Olson MD

Concerns after augmentation

You have quite a lot of brusing which happens infrequently and unpredictably in my patients as well. The vast majority of my patients have no bruising but every once in awhile someone will have impressive bruising without hematoma. Both of your breasts are very full superiorly but pretty even side to side so I would say it's likely edema and an implant that needs to settle, as bilateral hematoma is very rare, but possible nonetheless. The redness could be related to bruising or could be infection. Best to get it checked sooner than later. Regardless, continue to seek the advice of your surgeon and be patient regarding the aesthetics. It will take 3-6 months to drop and fluff. 

1 week post op your breasts will look weird and that's ok

You are early on in your healing.  After a breast augmentation you may have swelling bruising and funny looking breasts.  that will settle down with time.  I do not see anything requiring urgent attention.  Be patient, allow for the bruising and swelling to settle down.

Martin Jugenburg, MD