Uneven nostrils after surgery. (photos)

Hi I had a rhino and septoplasty 3 weeks ago and I noticed that now I have uneven nostrils. Is this normal ?? Will they look alike later ?? If not .. What can I do ?? Surgery again

Uneven nostrils

It is too soon to see the final result.  At this stage it is not uncommon to have swelling and some asymmetry.  Have patience and follow up with your surgeon so he can monitor your progress.

Rhinoplasty

You can not judge on the results of a rhinoplasty before 6 months.Look at the before pictures, you were asymmetrical.

Uneven nostrils and swelling after rhinoplasty

This is likely due to some swelling. Make sure that you are following up with your rhinoplasty surgeon throughout your recovery as this is extremely important to monitor the nose for any changes. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nostrils

All patients have some asymmetry and it would be good to look at preop photos to compare. Also, remember that you are swollen and this may exaggerate differences.