How can I make my smile even? One side is not as full as the other and it drives me crazy (Photo)

How can I make my smile even? = asymmetric lip augmentation with fillers could be an option #Lipaugmentation #Lipfillers

Vermillion lip asymmetries in volume ( red part of the lip) could be improved with the use soft tissue fillers like juvederm, restylane or belotero. Small amounts of filler injected in the area of the lip that is smaller, could make the vermillion to become more symmetric compared with the other side

Patients interested in determine if candidates for asymmetric lip correction with lip fillers should make a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon specialized in procedure of the face

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Lip augmentation can even out the lips. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to determine if fat injections or lip lifts would be more effective for your current health position, lip shape and desired result.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation?

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

I notice that there appears to be some volume asymmetry in your upper lip, but I am not certain whether this is what you're seeing. This is something that could be corrected with filler. I like some of the softer hyaluronic acid products, and prefer to do most of the procedure using a cannula. My patients consistently tell me this is more comfortable, and I find I am still able to get the results my patients want.

To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven smile

Without clarification it's always hard to tell exactly what is bothering you. By uneven smile I assume you are referring to some slight asymmetry in your upper lips (but you may be focusing on cheek asymmetry, for example, or difference in the amount of teeth that show - neither of which are seen in the pictures you sent).

If you are bothered by some focal thinning in your lips then you would be a perfect candidate for lip augmentation with dermal filler. There are several that work well in the lips and when done well provide a natural look. Results typically last up to a year or so and are generally very well tolerated.

Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist

How can I make my smile even?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I see that you right upper lip appears to be less full than your left upper lip. This is a perfect indication for use of a dermal filler, like Juvederm, to enhance the right upper lip for greater symmetry.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.

Uneven Lips

Everyone has asymmetries in their face. You are not alone! One side of your lip appears to be thinner than the other. Placing a small amount of dermal filler in the thinner side of your lip will make them appear more even and will give you a more balanced appearance overall. Depending on the filler used, the results can last between 6 months to 1 year. 

Maryam Nazemzadeh, MD
McLean Oculoplastic Surgeon