Is it safe to have Lipo while having a small hiatal hernia?

I am scheduled to have a BBL with Lipo on 12/7. I just got my results back and wanted to know if having the above surgery will be okay while having a herni. If the hernia should be removed first, what is the downtime for this type of procedure?

Liposuction in area of a hernia

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

Generally, a hernia should be repaired before liposuction is done anywhere near the hernia. I suggest you ask you consult a general surgeon as well as discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Please do not let any surgeon except a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon do your liposuction if it will be in anywhere near the hernia - serious complications can occur if your doctor is not a fully trained surgeon who knows the anatomy.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS