Revision rhinoplasty. Is it too early?

Hi, I had a rhinoplasty 40 days ago. I am not happy with my results because i have uneven nostrils and crooked columella that I did not have before surgery. and I am considering revision surgery. Is it too early to start consultation and see others docs ?

Revision rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Sorry you are unhappy with your results, however it is still very early to see the final results. It will take about 1 year to heal! Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon, but any revision surgery should not be considered for at least 12-15 months after your surgery. 

Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not too early for a consultation

Hi Sarah,I sympathize with you and am sorry to here about your less than desirable outcome. Forty days is a bit soon to consider revision surgery, as there is considerable swelling and the nose does indeed change over the next few months. However a crooked columella and greatly misshapen nostrils are unlikely to fully resolve especially if there were not there previously. I usually tell my patients wait 9-12 months before I will do the revision. However it never hurts to have a consultation before then. This will give you a jump start on the planning process and allow someone with unbiased eyes to view the nose. Hope this helps!Dr. Hershcovitch

Meir Hershcovitch, MD
Calabasas Otolaryngologist