Nostril infection? (photos)

English is Not my language so I hope the gross pics wil explain my problem better I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty 3 weeks ago .. But today I tried to remove a dried blood and i noticed this in my right nostril .. It burns and there is little blood Is this an infection?? Aslo I can see that there is a bump or wound or something like that . Is it normal to have this ?? Or is it just swelling ? Thank u

Nostril infection?

Thank you for your question.  It is important to consult with your surgeon to make sure the healing is progressing as expected.  

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump in nostril after rhinoplasty

It is likely a dissolving suture. However, if you have any concerns I would recommend returning to your surgeon that perform the rhinoplasty so they can perform an examination and ensure that there are no issues. Best of luck. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, based on the pictures you provided. This is probably just normal healing and now an infection. The nose takes a long time to heal and you're definitely within the healing period. See your surgeon if you're worried or have pain, fever, bleeding, drainage etc so they can take a good look. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril infection

Thank you for your question and photographs.It is hard to tell for sure from the photographs but it does not appear to look infected to me. The only way to know for sure is to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to perform a physical examination of it. Refrain from touching it in the meantime as you can introduce bacteria to it and cause an infection. Best of luck in your recovery.
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello,Thanks for the question. No, this is not an infection based on your photos. I would, however, visit with your surgeon so that they can take a closer look. It appears to be a slowly healing area at an incision line in the nostril. Also a slight bit of granulation tissue (what the body does when there is a raw surface healing). Not to worry, per se, but best to make an appointment to get a good exam.Best,