Droopy neck. I'm 50. Fair skinned. Should I try thermitight on my neck? (Photo)

I've tried thermage and Exilis multiple times over the past years with no meaningful result.

ThermiTight for neck laxity

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

ThermiTight also uses Radiofrequency to heat up the skin and stimulate the production of collagen and thighten the skin, similar to Exillis and Thermage. However, we are able to put much more energy into the tissue with ThermiTight because the probe is placed under the skin and therefore the effect will be greater than with the other 2 devices. The other added benefit is that ThermiTight in general just requires one treatment vs multiple treatments. So it may work better than the other treatments you have tried. However I find that it doesn’t work as well in patients with “thick and/or leathery” skin. Without seeing you in person it is hard to determine if you would be a good candidate. I recommend seeing a board certified physician to discuss your options and goals. Good luck!

ThermiTight/Skin Tightening/High Definition procedures

Thank you for your question.  I recommend a combination of procedures for optimal results.

ThermiTight utilizes a small electrode inserted under the skin to heat tissue to a selected therapeutic temperature.  Literature has shown that elevating skin to a therapeutic temperature level can contract collagen molecules and stimulate collagen production, which may give the appearance of lifting or tightening.   Fat reduction is rare, unless set to high temperatures and kept at high temperatures for a significant amount of time .

To best answer your question,  it  depends on how much skin laxity you have.   ThermiTight can work well in the thigh area to tighten skin that is mild to moderately laxity.  Surgery may be a better option, if you have excessive laxity.   Results with ThermiTight vary from patient to patient.  You should experience some overall improvement.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Should I Try ThermiTight on My Neck? ThermiTight Can Provide a Nonsurgical Neck Lift in Many Cases

I am sorry to hear that Thermage and Exilis did not make much of a difference in your sagging neck. This can be a difficult area to treat because the skin is quite thin and is only loosely connected to the underlying muscle.

We have been having excellent results using ThermiTight to firm up the neck and submental area. Unlike other nonsurgical treatments, ThermiTight uses a thin probe to deliver radiofrequency energy to the dermal layer of the skin. There, it heats up the collagen and shrinks it, which then leads the skin to tighten and to produce newer, rejuvenating collagen. The probe is actually placed under the skin not on top, so it is heating right where it needs to. I consider ThermTight an excellent way to tighten neck skin, especially if there is underlying fat. I remove this immediately following ThermiTight to contour a new neckline. One caveat is that if the skin is very, very loose and you can pull it back to cover your ears, a non-invasive treatment will not work. You’ll have to bite the bullet and do surgery. Another option though is to place the new Silhouette InstaLift sutures in the neck, sometimes immediately after ThermiTight. Then you get the mechanical lift of the sutures together with tightening of collagen. Perhaps this combination would give you a great result without surgery.

It can take many months before you can see the results with ThermiTight, because it works by initiating microwounds that the skin must then heal. During the healing process new collagen and elastin – the building blocks of healthy, pliant skin – are produced and begin to plump up and strengthen the skin. If sutures are placed, you’ll see an immediate effect, boosted over 3-6 months by the collagen production. Please find a board-certified dermatologist to determine if you are a candidate for this exciting skin-tightening treatment. 

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Flabby necks treated in my NYC practice with ThermiTight, Kybella, Infini, Ultherapy, CoolSculpting and Liposuction

Flabby necks are not all the same. Some people have more loose muscle than others, while some patients have only localized fat deposits, and others have loose skin only, and there certainly are cases in which we see all components of the aging process.  I must personally exam my patients in consultation to determine with their animation and seeing their head in different flexed and turned positions, which procedure(s) would benefit them. Transverse (horizontal flexural) neck creases are not uncommon in young people. It is not a feature limited to those who are overweight.  Some procedures may cause a temporary improvement from edema (swelling) but long term correction of these creases is difficult to obtain, even with a surgical neck lift. I have been able to partially improve these lines with the use of superficial ultherapy with the 1.5 mm. transducer. Thermitight improved one of my patients for only a few months and the lines returned after the small swelling went down. There is some data that Infini, microneedling with radiofrequency, may improve these lines and tighten the neck, but we don't have long term data yet.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

I'm 50. Fair skinned. Should I try thermitight on my neck?

You appear to be an excellent candidate for ThermiTight. ThermiTight will achieve a gradual tightening and contouring of the skin without incisions.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight or neck lift

Thermi Tight is a totally different mechanism of delivering radiofrequency treatments and should not be compared to Thermage or Exilis.  This is "injectable energy" performed through needle stick incisions under local anesthesia and treats the skin form the inside out.  The treatment monitors the temperature of the skin both internally and externally so we can heat the tissues to the correct temperature to achieve skin tightening. You need to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who uses these technologies and understands the physics behind these machines so you get the results you are looking for.

Thermi tight for neck

Thermi tight is a great option for minimally invasive skin tightening especially the neck and jaw line.  A lower face and neck lift is also an option.  You should attend  a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon who performs both of these treatments and discuss the pro's and con's of each to achieve your best results!

H. Christopher Coley, MD
Greensboro General Surgeon

Neck Tightening

ThermiTight is an excellent minimally invasive procedure to tighten skin in the neck.  It improves the texture of the skin.  A probe deliver targeted energy under the skin so it is much more effective than Thermage. It also involves only one treatment.  Over time the skin continues to tighten.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Try ThermiTight

Thank you for your question and photo.  Next to a surgical neck lift or lower facelift, ThermiTight is the best option at tightening skin in this region of the body.  There is no comparison to the non-surgical RF options you mentioned in your question.  It is surgical, but is minimally invasive - only a few needle sticks are needed to get the Thermi RF cannula where it needs to go under the skin.  The procedure takes about 30-60 minutes and is done under local anesthesia in the doctor's office.  Complication rates are low and patient satisfaction is high (see "Worth it" rating here on RealSelf).  Recovery time is minimal and most patients can return to work and normal life the very next day.  See the link below for a video of a ThermiTight procedure of the chin/neck.