Droopy neck. I'm 50. Fair skinned. Should I try thermitight on my neck? (Photo)

I've tried thermage and Exilis multiple times over the past years with no meaningful result.

Flabby necks treated in my NYC practice with ThermiTight, Kybella, Infini, Ultherapy, CoolSculpting and Liposuction

Flabby necks are not all the same. Some people have more loose muscle than others, while some patients have only localized fat deposits, and others have loose skin only, and there certainly are cases in which we see all components of the aging process.  I must personally exam my patients in consultation to determine with their animation and seeing their head in different flexed and turned positions, which procedure(s) would benefit them. Transverse (horizontal flexural) neck creases are not uncommon in young people. It is not a feature limited to those who are overweight.  Some procedures may cause a temporary improvement from edema (swelling) but long term correction of these creases is difficult to obtain, even with a surgical neck lift. I have been able to partially improve these lines with the use of superficial ultherapy with the 1.5 mm. transducer. Thermitight improved one of my patients for only a few months and the lines returned after the small swelling went down. There is some data that Infini, microneedling with radiofrequency, may improve these lines and tighten the neck, but we don't have long term data yet.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

I'm 50. Fair skinned. Should I try thermitight on my neck?

You appear to be an excellent candidate for ThermiTight. ThermiTight will achieve a gradual tightening and contouring of the skin without incisions.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight or neck lift

Thermi Tight is a totally different mechanism of delivering radiofrequency treatments and should not be compared to Thermage or Exilis.  This is "injectable energy" performed through needle stick incisions under local anesthesia and treats the skin form the inside out.  The treatment monitors the temperature of the skin both internally and externally so we can heat the tissues to the correct temperature to achieve skin tightening. You need to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who uses these technologies and understands the physics behind these machines so you get the results you are looking for.

Thermi tight for neck

Thermi tight is a great option for minimally invasive skin tightening especially the neck and jaw line.  A lower face and neck lift is also an option.  You should attend  a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon who performs both of these treatments and discuss the pro's and con's of each to achieve your best results!

H. Christopher Coley, MD
Greensboro General Surgeon

Neck Tightening

ThermiTight is an excellent minimally invasive procedure to tighten skin in the neck.  It improves the texture of the skin.  A probe deliver targeted energy under the skin so it is much more effective than Thermage. It also involves only one treatment.  Over time the skin continues to tighten.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Try ThermiTight

Thank you for your question and photo.  Next to a surgical neck lift or lower facelift, ThermiTight is the best option at tightening skin in this region of the body.  There is no comparison to the non-surgical RF options you mentioned in your question.  It is surgical, but is minimally invasive - only a few needle sticks are needed to get the Thermi RF cannula where it needs to go under the skin.  The procedure takes about 30-60 minutes and is done under local anesthesia in the doctor's office.  Complication rates are low and patient satisfaction is high (see "Worth it" rating here on RealSelf).  Recovery time is minimal and most patients can return to work and normal life the very next day.  See the link below for a video of a ThermiTight procedure of the chin/neck.