2 weeks post op do I remove the stitches? (photo)

I have a little wire where my incision is! When should I take the stitches out?

Suture removal?

Thank you for your question!  I would recommend getting an appointment with your plastic surgeon to have the suture removed.  Best of luck to you!

Suture removal

What you are seeing is most likely a suture.  Contact your physician's office for a quick appointment to have it removed.  I would not advise attempting to remove it yourself unless specifically directed to do so.

Camille Cash, MD

Suture Removal

If you require suture removal I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person.
All the best

Suture Removal

Great question, it is always best to contact your plastic surgeon and have them remove the suture. Best of luck and congratulations on your procedure!

"Little Wire"

The little wire you are referring is likely a suture, but it is hard to tell from the photograph you provided.  I do not recommend pulling it out yourself.  Please call the provider who performed your procedure and ask them what they recommend in your situation.  Depending on the type of suture used, they might have you come in for a quick appointment.

Audrey Klenke, MD
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Spitting Stitch

Congratulations on your recent procedure! The "wire" is most likely a spitting stitch and can be removed by any of the nursing staff within your surgeon's office, just call to schedule a follow up visit. Good luck and congratulations again!

Removing sutures after breast augmentation

This "wire" is likely a suture, but I cannot see much on the photo provided. Please do not attempt to remove the sutures yourself! Please see your plastic surgeon for followup so that you can obtain the optimal result.

Hello, that "little wire" it most likely a piece of suture left behind. Call your PS office for final recommendations... but in general if they are dissolvable sutures, at two weeks you should be able to gently pull it and clip it at the skin level or gently pull it out. It depends on what kind of suture was placed and how it was placed. 

Call your surgeon

Please check with your surgeon about any stitches that could be remaining or when they should come out.

2 weeks post op do I remove the stitches?

Please see your plastic surgeon for suture removal-do not attempt this yourself. Contact your surgeon to see if your sutures are dissolvable and do not need to be removed.