Am I the right candidate for breast implants alone or would I also need a breast lift? (Photo)

I want bigger fuller breast as I have lost breast tissue through weight loss over the years, however would I be able to achieve that with breast implants alone? I am between a B and C cup. I have wide shoulders and backs so my breast do not compliment my body frame.

Lifting with breast implants

Implants can provide a very modest lift.
Imagine a partially deflated balloon tacked against a wall. Much like you see at a carnival dart toss.
Now, imagine inflating the balloon. You can imagine how it would lift off that wall somewhat. So even though no specific maneuvers are being done to lift that balloon, it will rise slightly just due to the reinflation.
The same thing happens with the breast implant. The degree of lift is slight, usually only about 1-2 cm. This may be all you need, it may not be. That depends upon a visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon. If you do need a lift, it is far better to accept the scars with the procedure, which will fade with time, rather than a poorly-shaped breast with the breast tissue hanging off the implant unnaturally.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Unfortunately without a full series of photographs or in-person evaluation it is difficult to know whether a lift will be needed.  An implant will help restore your lost breast volume, while a lift positions your natural breast tissue over the new implant, while removing excess skin and elevating your nipple and areola into a more youthful position. See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for the best treatment recommendation

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400-450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast implant candidate

From the one photograph you have given and without knowing what angle it was taken at, it appears to me that you would be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your region who can offer you the different options of sizes and implant shapes. Good luck in your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS