Less wide nose? (Photo)

I like my face just not my nose it has no definition its just wide... But I dont wanna look weird If I get a nose job

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Less Wide Nose

The width of your nose can be reduced to give you a defined more feminine nose. You can avoid the "weird" look if you work with a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery and shows you multiple examples of results you like in patients who had a nose like yours.

Rhinoplasty can produce dramatic changes that look natural

The goal with rhinoplasty in general is to correct esthetic imperfections while preserving a natural appearance to the nose that maintains individual, familial, and ethnic characteristics to the nose. 

Based on your pictures, narrowing of the nose can be achieved. However, the thickness of the skin will limit how much narrowing is attainable, but this is beneficial because a natural, individualistic appearance is maintained. In your case, the following should be considered:

1.  narrowing the bridge with osteotomies (gently breaking the nasal bones to move them inward);
  2.  refining the tip with sutures (internal stitches) and cartilage grafts (pieces of your cartilage, usually from the nasal septum) designed to narrow the tip and push it foreward to make it look less flat;
  3.  and nostril reduction to narrow the base width of the nose;
  4. other maneuvers may also be beneficial.

You have nice facial features; don't rush into any decisions. Do your research first. 

Good luck. Thanks for your question. 

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Limited rhinoplasty

If you get the nose narrowed in a conservative manner you will have a well balanced nose that does not look artificial. 

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from reduction of the width of your alar base.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Less wide nose?

The areas that concern you can be realistically improved with an artistically performed natural appearing rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive ethnic rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to narrow and wide nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bridge line  with osteotomies, narrowing the tip, and narrowing the nostrils with an alar-plasty. For more information and many before and after examples,  please see the video and the  link below

Rhinoplasty consult

If you are unhappy with your nose, then you should go for a consultation with a surgeon. Best of luck.

A well done rhinoplasty should not look "wierd".  A natural result should be the goal and I think you would likely be a good candidate.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with similar noses.  Good luck!   

Dean Fardo, MD

thanks for your question and photo. Based on that one photo, if you desire a narrow nose and a more refined tip and bridge then a rhinoplasty with alar base reduction is appropriate for you. It shouldn't look weird if done well and conservatively.  Non surgical rhinoplasty may be an option for you but it won't make the base of the nose narrower. Go for a consultation to get a full assessment. Good luck. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon