Yellow drainage from under breast incision site, how soon do I see my doctor?

I am almost 2 weeks post op submuscular bi later breast augmentation at 400cc. I'm having issues with my right incision made under my breast. It's been more tender from day one and has been leaving yellowish stains on my bras while I sleep. I see my doctor Tuesday and today is Saturday. Is that too long to wait?

Drainage

Yellow drainage is very concerning and needs a call to your doctor. A checkup is better as infections can be very serious.

Yellow drainage after BA

Thank you for your question. It is better to call your surgeon for evaluation as soon as possible.

Yellowish drainage from BAM incision

HI callen,

I would call to get in and see your surgeon sooner rather than later. If you are developing an opening or an infection, it is best to be seen and treated early before the implant gets exposed and/or infected.  

Dr. Christine Rodgers

BA drainage

Thank you for your question, and sorry to hear of your difficulties. Best to call and get in to see your PS as soon as possible as this should be evaluated quickly.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast incision drainage at 2 weeks after surgery needs attention.

Greetings,

Breast incision drainage at two weeks after surgery could be problematic.  You should call your plastic surgeon now, discuss the problem and your breast/incision appearance and have him (her) determine if you need to be seen immediately.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Drainage from a breast augmentation incision at 2 weeks is a concern and requires an examination by your plastic surgeon.  If there is a sudden release of an increased amount of clear drainage it could mean at the implant is exposed which is an emergency that requires you to see your surgeon.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon