Tummy tuck pain after 3 months?

I'm over 3 months post op. Should I still be having muscle pain above my belly button?

Tummy tuck pain after 3 months.

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately without a full series of photographs or in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite recommendations other than to see your surgeon for an evaluation.  By three months much of your discomfort should have resolved and it is important to rule out possible issues - discrete fluid collections, infection, muscle laxity, etc

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. At this point (3months post-po) the swelling is normal. To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts. If the fter six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem. Kind regards, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck pain 3 months after surgery

Hi.  It is difficult to know without being able to examine you or having more history or photos.  However, most pain is resolved by 3 months in most cases.  But sometimes patients have certain areas that could have some discomfort for longer.  It would be best to get in to see your plastic surgeon so that he or she can examine and evaluate you and see what may be going on.  Good luck and take care, Dr. Howell

Tummy Tuck Pain

Thank you for your question.  Tummy tucks can cause significant discomfort postoperatively.  Swelling, bruising, tightness, back pain and abdominal pain from muscle plication are the most common concerns expresssed by patients postoperatively.  Fortunately this discomfort does improve with time but can persist for months.  In some cases, the plication sutures can trap small sensory nerves of the abdomen causing pain.  While this usually goes away,  sometimes nerve medicines like Lyrica or Neurontin can be beneficial.  In some cases injections by a pain mamangement specialist can help.  Finally, removal of the plication sutures is done rarely in the worst-case scenario.  I would recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon and seeing whether a less invasive approach would help your discomfort.  Best wishes on your recovery.

Tummy tuck pain after 3 months?

thank you for the question. It is not unusual to have pain after a tummy tuck. However your pain is there 3 months out. I would highly recommend for you to see your board-certified plastic surgeon and have an examination. Good luck.

Tummy tuck pain

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam it is hard to advise about pain.  Some pain can be normal healing and other pain may be more serious.  I suggest you visit with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concern.