How does tattoo excision work? (Photo)

I posted earlier about laser removal for my tattoo but now I'm thinking about excision. What do you think would work better for my tattoo? I don't mind a scar. I am more intrigued by the guarantee that the tattoo will be gone. How does excision work? I know scarring and skin tightness can be an issue. How common is that and is that likely for the placement of my tattoo? The thought of getting a procedure and this all being over is so tempting. Here's the picture again:

This is a little too large to remove via excision

While excision does offer a 'one and done' option, it also depends on having a tattoo that is not too large for that.  This one is too large and in order to remove it you would have to have some fairly extensive treatments on the skin.  In this situation, laser options are MUCH better!  Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Tattoo Removal

Hello.Your tattoo is too big to be removed via excision. I will recommend you to try removing it with a laser. We use the Med-Lite C6 and have seen great results, specially on monochrome tattoos.Best of lucks and please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon