Suggested tummy tuck revision? (photos)

I received a MM on May 13th. So I'm 6.3 weeks PO. The skin by my incision is pretty puffy. Will this go down? Or do you think I would need a revision? If revision is needed what do you think would need to be done in the revision? Thank you!

Suggestions

Overall a nice result...

Wait for revision work 6 months prior to deciding on a further small amount of skin resection or small amount of liposuction in your lower abdomen.  Continue to wear your binder to assist with swelling contouring should it be persistent and a concern.  

Warm Regards,

Tummy tuck

I encourage you to be more patient, although most of the swelling is resolved you will definitely see some improvement in the next few months.  In my opinion liposuction above the scar will offer a significant improvement.  This can usually be done with a local anesthetic, but I usually wait until at least 3-4 mo postop. Please discuss this with your surgeon.  Best of luck. Jane

Suggested tummy tuck revision?

Although I understand your concerns, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and evaluate the outcome of procedure performed one year from now. If, at that time, your concerns remain the same, additional skin excision and/or liposuction surgeon will likely be beneficial.  Much of what will be offered to you will depend on exactly what your concern/goals are. Best wishes.

Takes time to heal

Part of healing is loss of swelling.   You still have considerable swelling.  Go talk to your doctor. Once you are at one year things will not change much and if needed you can have a revision.  My Best,  Dr Commons

Suggested tummy tuck revision?

You have come to the most difficult part of healing after tummy tuck,and the lower abdomen will be stiff and numb and the incision line prominent for several months longer. Much of what you see will soften and improve, and it might be best to consider any needed revision six months from now.

Mild swelling 6 weeks after a tummy tuck is normal

The lower abdominal area after a tummy tuck is the part that takes the longest to fully improve.  There is always some mild swelling in that area that persists longer than the other areas.  At 6 weeks post-op there will certainly be some mild swelling.  By 3-4 months that swelling should largely resolve.  Its best to wait for full healing before considering a revision.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks after tummy tuck, may need revision

Although it is still early and you will continue to have improvement, it is unlikely that your incision will be completely flat and smooth.  You most likely will need to have a revision to this the tissue above the incision so it will have a better contour.  You can also benefit from adjusting the incision so it will be more straight.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice. The response to the question does not constitute a doctor patient relationship or formal advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS