If you have issues of hyperpigmentation does it make it more likely that scars after BBL won't go away?

I have issues with my skin, not only hyper pigmentation, but I also tend to bruise easily, healing wounds typically take a long time to heal (longer than normal) with the scar remaining forever, and I get itchy hives everywhere whenever my skin gets in contact with chemicals or weird substances. If this is my skin, is there a possibility that my recovery after a Bbl by fat transfer be longer than others OR possibly that the scars for the incisions never go away? What should I do to prevent it?

Scars after BBL

There is no surgeon who can perform this procedure without at least leaving some tiny permanent scars.  Scars ideally should fade to the point of being very subtle, but much of this depends upon the way of person heals.  From what you described, it sounds likely that the stab incisions for the liposuction may persist for very long time before they fade.  The only thing you can do is to avoid sun, and to use scar treatments after the procedure.  As well, your surgeon can make sure to lubricate the incisions while performing the procedure so that flexion does not cause irritation and trauma to the skin.  Here she may also use small devices to protect the port sites.
Discuss this further in person with your plastic surgeon.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Hyperpigmentation

If you are prone to hyper pigmentation you should review this with your surgeon to go over potential treatments post-op.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... The thruth is that liposuction leaves tiny scars in some parts of your body, but also in your case probably you will take more time to clarify your scars because your conditions..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD