Want a natural look and I'm concerned high profile will give me too much upper pole fullness. Would mod plus be best? (Photo)

Want very natural look with most of the fullness in lower pole. I want a gentle slope and to be 50% larger than pre kids. I'm 5'4", 119lb, 20% body fat. I measure 14cm BWD, but have a petite frame. Concerned about looking fake and too much upper pole.

The higher the profile, the more fake the look

High profile implants certainly look "more fake" than lower profiles.  I have a very conservative patient base and rarely use high profile implants in women for their first implant after children.  Those are usually reserved for a replacement implant when someone is "upgrading" in the future.  Moderate plus is my preference.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Hi or moderate profiloe

I generally will us moderate profile implants about 95% of the time.they give my patients a very natural look versus hi profile but again it is an individual choice.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I think that you are right on track. A high profile implant does give more upper pole fulness, so if you are wanting a more natural appearance, I would suggest a moderate plus style implant. An in person exam will help you choose the right volume for you. Good luck!

Keith Hodge, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

It is difficult to say what profile would be best for you without and exam in person.  The moderate plus is very common.

Want a natural look and I'm concerned high profile will give me too much upper pole fullness. Would mod plus be bes

I think your concerns are justified. Looking at your photos and with the information you have given I would suggest the lower profile for a more natural look.

Julio Garcia, MD

What profile implant?

With a fairly wide base diameter, you would need a high profile implant in the range of at least 500 cc's for a 13 cm diameter and 600 cc's if you truly do have a 14 cm diameter. This would be a very large breast size for your frame and give you a fake look.
I think that you are right on the mark at looking at the moderate profile implants. These will give you enough volume and a natural look.
See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to consult with and measure your chest/breast dimensions.

Don W. Griffin, MD

Breast Augment

Thanks for the good photos and the wish look photos. Those are not a high profile, they look too natural. Stick with the moderate that is slightly more filled such as the Sientra model 10621MP or the Natrelle stylle SRM.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

High profile implants

They are two keys to choosing a correct profile breast implant for you. The first is determining the desired volume. This can be done with preoperative in office sizing. The second issue relates to breast implant dimensions and how they relate to your own breasts dimensions. The key is to choose an implant that closely matches your own breasts in terms of width. In general a moderate Plus profile implant works well for many patients. In general be high profile and ultra high profile implants are better suited for patients with narrow frames. I have found that the fake augmented look is almost always due to too much volume. Good luck.

Richard Hainer, MD
Rochester Plastic Surgeon

Natural Results

Thank you for your question and photos.  You can obtain a natural result with both moderate plus and high profile implants.  The size of your implants in relation to the breast size is a big factor. While it is true that high profile implants will give you a bit more upper pole fullness than moderate plus, the main use of high profile implants is to fit the breast and chest wall with a certain volume.  Implant size probably has a greater influence than profile in terms of your results.  Your measurement of a 14 cm base diameter seems wider than your images.  It is probably a good idea to get your base diameter measured by your surgeon and discuss the size and shape that you desire in person.  On-line advice is not sufficient to make this type of decision. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Want a natural look and I'm concerned high profile will give me too much upper pole fullness. Would mod plus be best?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  It looks as if you are starting from a very good position and should obtain a nice breast augmentation result.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination to help decide upon the best implants for you, in the interest of maintaining a natural look I would recommend the moderate plus or anatomic, shaped implants.  They will provide you with a look closer to your "goals."  Hope this helps.