My left upper eyelid droops more than my right and my lower right eyelid droops more than my left. Any suggestions? (photos)

This has caused a lot of anxiety to the point where it's hard to leave my house and be social. I can't look someone without them notcing what's wrong with my eyes. I just want to be social and do things wiithout worrying about my eyes being this way. Can anyone please tell me if they can help or tell me what's happening here, thank you.

My left upper eyelid droops more than my right and my lower right eyelid droops more than my left.

Greetings

Thank you for your question. Eyelids are the first things that reflect when we are tired or sleepy. Therefore the condition of both upper and lower eyelid is important. Blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery can be performed to lower eyelid, upper eyelid or both. Blepharoplasty covers removing the excess skin tissue in the upper eyelid, removing the excess fat tissue and skin tissue in the lower eyelid and repositioning the eyelid line in both areas. The incision can be made via scalpel as well as laser. We perform laser blepharoplasty since it is faster and safer and it yields a faster recovery period. The laser is actually used for the incision for removal of the hooding skin of the upper eyelids. The result is dramatic, evident immediately, and bruising is usually minimal with the laser.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric eyes

It is difficult to tell exactly what is the causing the asymmetry in your eyes. See following video for some information. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Endoscopic Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. It is normal for people to be asymmetric. One treatment is called an endoscopic brow lift. This is a procedure I helped to pioneer, and I have lectured nationally and internationally on the subject. Through small incisions in your scalp a tv camera is placed and the surgery is performed by inserting a small tv camera. I call it a video game, because like a video game you are manipulating your hands while watching television. I would elevate your left eyebrow first and then elevate the right to match the left. Surgery typically takes less then an hour and recovery is fairly quick. For more information please watch the enclosed video and I hope you find this helpful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA