I want a rhinoplasty and came up with this shape for my nose. Is it possible to get the same result after rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I have a picture of current nose and the nose I want to get.

Well, yeah, but I'd add a couple changes.

I'd elevate the tip a little bit more, and lower the bridge a little bit more. When the tip comes back closer to your face, it makes the nose look longer, so it can be important to elevate the tip.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear breezemarch, Your morphed image shows a very realistic natural looking rhinoplasty result which should be easily achieved in the hands of an expert surgeon. Further photographs would be nice to determine if you are possibly a candidate for chin augmentation as well to help better balance your profile. Seek imaging during consultation to show you the proposed changes and review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. See the link below for before and after examples and the short video above describing the imaging process to see how rewarding these procedures can be. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

From the very limited photograph, the digital imaging does appear realistic by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.    A closed rhinoplasty approach could accomplish these goals by making all of the incisions on the inside of the nose.  The dorsal hump can be shaved down, the nose de-projected, and the tip and bridge line  refined.  Consider a chin implant for the weak and  recessive chin profile to help with facial  balance, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose.  For many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below 

I think the type of nasal shape change you are seeking and have shown in your morphed pictures is a very realistic rhinoplasty result.

Yes.  A rhinoplasty that reduce your dorsal hump would do the trick.  A cartilage graft for your tip and alar rims would also be indicated.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Are My Rhinopla

Your rhinoplasty goals are very realistic. Consult with an experienced surgeon who devotes most of their practice to rhinoplasty surgery.

Thank you for your question.  If you don't like the outside appearance of your nose the first place to start is to consult with an experienced Board Certified Rhinoplasty surgeon.  They will be able to explore the possibilities with you in person.  Best of luck.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly, a nasal tip de-projection to make your nose smaller overall, and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Achievable results with rhinoplasty?

the main thing is that I believe the result you show is realistic. No one can guarantee a certain result, but what you have shown should be obtainable, if not even a little better. I would like a little better tip definition, for example. Of course it wouldn't have to be that way if you didn't want it that way. 

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Goals Achievable? Yes

Thanks for your post. In my view you are an excellent candidate to consider rhinoplasty to improve the appearance of your nose. Based on your morphed changes I would describe your goals as follows: Improve nasal length and nasolabial angle, reduce your dorsal hump to a conservative straight but attractive profile, retrodisplace your nasal tip and preserve a natural and smooth tip shape. Yes, these changes appear reasonable and appropriate. I recommend a more formal, in-person consultation with an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon to communicate your goals and plan for your rhinoplasty. Office computer enhancements and I review of your physicians portfolio of results should help you decide on the right path forward. An open approach rhinoplasty would be my preferred choice for your case as the tip modifications require some advanced techniques which are more easily done via the open approach. Best wishes in your search. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon