Concaved areas on outer thigh 10 days post-op! (Photo)

Hello, im 23 yrs old and 55 kg, 160cm. I had my outer thighs liposuction 10 days ago which has been bothering me since i lost wieght 6 years ago. I have one concern which i have these concave areas on the right thigh which could be seen from a certain angle, but from the front it looks fine! Is this normal or is there been a mistake in the lipo procedure? Im really concerend because i dont want to have any revision or any other procedure, ive been wearing the garment 24/7 in those 10 days Thanks

Dent in leg

It is still very early in the healing phase and you could easily have asymmetrical swelling. A compression garment and some gentle massage may help. I would wait at least three months to see a final result before considering fat grafting to fix any contour irregularity. Good luck.

Worried about irregular area 10 days after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• It is normal to be worried 10 days after liposuction -
  • But the fact is that you are swollen and it takes time for swelling to subside and the result to be smooth.
  • It will take 6 months until you see your final result -
  • Hard as it is, it is important to be patient and then see how things are.
  • Chances are, all will be well and you will be pleased.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Depression

You are very early in the recovery period. It could be swelling causing the unevenness. It takes 4-6 months for most of the swelling to subside. It you have a depression after that time period fat grafting is an option.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Contour irregularity

You are still very early after liposuction to be overly concerned,.  There is typically a great deal of swelling after surgery and it takes a few months to really see a difference.  During that time many of the contour areas can change and improve as the swelling goes away.

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Concave Areas After Liposuction

Thank you very much for your question and the pictures.

You are very soon out from surgery, so it is difficult to know if this is just swelling or if there is an actual contour deformity in the area.  It will take weeks (or actually, months), to know the "final" result.  In the meantime, continue to wear your compression garment to limit swelling and create a more even contour.  Best of luck!

Concaved areas on outer thigh 10 days post-op!

Could be gravity swelling effect? But you still NEED to wait 3 months to see final result. Than if dented you might consider fat grafting....