3 days post op for a breast augmentation. Sharp, shooting, burning pain in one breast. Is this normal?

3 days post op for a breast augmentation. My left breast is fine. I have sharp, shooting, burning pain around the bottom of my right breast that burns up to my nipple. Is this normal? Will it go away? What can I do to help?

Pain after breast augmentation

psychdoc1-

It is hard to say why you are having pain on one side versus the other. I would contact your plastic surgeon's office and get an appointment set up ASAP to be evaluated. Good luck.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Post op burning after Breast Augmentation

It is not uncommon for women to experience burning pain after Breast Augmentation.  This can go on for many months and usually subsides over time.  

To be clear, you should make sure that your doctor is aware of this and make sure he/she evaluates you in the early post operative period.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Pain After Breast Augmentation

Contact your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible to determine the cause of your pain.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD