Did my chin implant inserted orally permanently damage my lower lip movement? Is swelling more on one side normal? (Photos)

I had a medium chin implant inserted 5 days ago. Swelling has significantly gone down but the right side is way more swollen and painful than the left side. Has the implant shifter? Since the surgery I have not been able to move my bottom lip and the right half is painfully numb, as a result its really hard to smile.I know its too early to tell but is this a common outcome of the few days following the surgery?Does this mean that there is a high risk that my smile has been permanently modified?

Chin Augmentation Concerns

Dear ysl96, You are to early in the recovery phase to access your surgical result. See your surgeon for your concerns and give some more time for the swelling to dissipate. It is common to see changes in the smile immediately post op with both rhinoplasty and chin augmentation candidates. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Did my chin implant inserted orally permanently damage my lower lip movement? Is swelling more on one side normal

Dear ys196

It is too early to assess swelling and symmetry at 5 days, you should be patient and allow the swelling to settle. It takes a good 6 weeks for a significant portion of the swelling to settle.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon