Is this the final appearance of my nose? (photo)

It's been 6 months since my rhinoplasty, and my nose still seems to be a bit uneven. One nostril looks like it's higher than the other, and it still looks like one side is bowed out. Will this improve or is this pretty much the final look of my nose?

Nasal dorsal deviation following rhinoplasty

Thank you for the photo.  It appears that the higher portion of your nasal bridge is still a bit deviated.  I suspect that your nose may have had some of this deviation prior to surgery.  Six months is still a bit early to consider revising the nose however, I suspect that it is not going to get much straighter in the next six months. Without a physical exam of your nose it would be difficult for me to tell you exactly what would need to be done in order to remedy the deviation.  If it is only bony deflection, which it appears to be, then osteotomies to re break the nose would likely be of benefit.  If your nose was severely twisted prior to surgery, then the revision procedure would be somewhat more complicated and your surgeon will  be able to discuss this with you.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty at 6 months

You are likely still healing and need a year or longer for al the swelling to subside. Best of luck....

Crooked nose.

Hello, At six months there is swelling still present (up to one year and more). The amount of swelling is very small at this point but still present.  It's unlikely, based on your photo, that the appearance of your nose will change much from current as this happens. Not knowing the specifics of your case, your starting point and no physical examination makes it difficult to make conclusions about the cosmetic result.  I encourage you to return to your surgeon and speak to him about your concerns. 

J. Phillip Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

netherfalcon, you need to wait a year but I'm afraid some of what you are seeing probably will not change too much. Should you be concerned after a year see an experienced board certified facial expert; make sure they do "only faces". Good luck! See video.

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty result

The majority of the swelling from rhinoplasty will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD