Body hair transplant. Any suggestions?

I don't have enough donor hair on my head but have plenty of body hair. In fact, I got too much. I have heard that the body hair when transplanted takes on the characteristics of the hair that was once on your head. Any truth to this?

Body hair transplant is a possibility but it is not usually the primary or the preferred choice. You need to consult with a doc

Body hair transplant is a possibility but it is not usually the primary or the preferred choice.  You need to consult with a doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Body hair transplant

Body hair would undergo minimal transformation when transferred to the scalp. There is minimal increase in length on account of prolongation of the anagen (growth phase). I have noted color changes where in some individuals, grey hair transplanted from the chest to the scalp became dark colored once again. It is best to assume going into the body hair transplant procedure that the hair would retain the characteristics it had in its native body area location

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Body hair transplant

body hair can be transplanted as a last resort however it will keep its own genetic disposition and characteristics. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Body Hair Transplant is possible and works

Hello.It is possible to use body hair. The characteristics of your body hair will remainbody hair. I personally use the body hair as a filler. I never use body hair to define the hairline because the difference on the type of hair can be noticeable. I have also recurred to the use of facial hair and it has work quite good. I leave you with an example in this video of one of my patients who had facial hair transplanted to his head.Best of lucks

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

Body hair

Some people who do body hair report that body hair changes in character when transplanted to the head. I have seen some such patients but the hair was not fully transformed to scalp hair. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon