How to Get Rid of Dark, Insect Bite Spot?

I need to know how to get rid of a stubborn dark spot on my cheek. it was caused by an insect bite, which cause trauma to the skin. I had 6 IPL treatments, almost 2 years ago. The treatments caused the spot to become more prominent. I don't get much sun exposure, and I always wear the highest SPF sunblock when i do go out in the sun. I'm also allergic to hydroquinone. How can i get rid of it?

Insect dark spots and treatment

Insect bite scars can be improved with topical use of Melaquin AM and Melaquin PM twice daily. 

Insect dark spots and treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Treatment for skin pigmentation with history of hydroquinone sensitivity

You must reapply high SPF sunscreen every 2 hours between 10am and 4pm. You should see a board-certified dermatologist and consider getting a relatively gentle Epiquin (extended-released hydroquinone) and/or tazoratene to hasten resolution of pigmentation. The new gold standard for post-inflammatory pigmentation is Q-switched Nd:Yag laser such as Spectra laser.