Is my tummy swollen or is it something I need to worry about? (Photo)

Had a TT July14 and 7days later developed a seroma it was drained on the 8th day by PS he made incision to drain it and then putting a Penrose drain in. The Penrose drain was in for 5 days and would drain continuously,the days it was in I felt firmness under my belly button and around mid abdomen.PS saif firmness was due to the drain but since it has been out firmness continues.What can this be besides normal swelling?A day after surgery my stomach was FLAT! I have not seen it flat since then.

Is my tummy swollen or is it something I need to worry about?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs and I am sorry to hear of your seroma issues.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place along your area of firmness.  Most commonly this is residual swelling from surgery which will spontaneously resolve but it would be important to voice your concerns to your surgeon to ensure that other issues are not taking place - discrete fluid collection, muscle laxity or repair failure, or residual adipose tissue. Hope this helps

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are relatively early in the post-operative period and should expect to have swelling for three to six months following your tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.