After getting my crown I have had pain, bleeding, and sensitivity. Could he have damaged my root?

The crown was put on an ugly tooth that was not hurting at all, but had a hole in the side. I now have sensitivity to cold and hot food. I also can not eat anything too hard. This pain and bleeding have been going on for over a month. The second visit made things worse.I'm afraid that I am going to need a root canal. I feel like it was caused by his scraping. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Recent crown is sensetive and my gums bleed

Hi:

Sorry to hear about your situation.  One of factors that could be contributing to your sensitivity could be the bite on the new crown.  I advise you to go back to your dentist and voice your concerns.  Normally with bite issues the pain and sensitivity does not go away.

Dr. Maddahi

Beverly Hills Dentist