Can my breasts be fixed during a mommy makeover? (Photo)

38D 34yrs old, post partum 16wks no longer breastfeeding. I feel that my right nipple has become larger than left. I'm unhappy with the size of areoles and shape/drooping of breasts. (They've looked like this since my early 20's.) also unhappy with how low on chest they start. I am considering a mommy makeover after losing some more weight. Can my breasts be fixed during mommy makeover?

Mommy Makeover with Augmentation Mastopexy

Yes! The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. 

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time. 

Now, the intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Always talk to a Plastic Surgeon to discuss your issues and concerns. Information that you read online may not apply to your situation. Make sure your surgeon is boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

Hello, Thanks for your photos and questions. Sure you can have the result you want in your breasts , but when the time is suitable for that. You're still in a period very close to your delivery and you must wait a few months more . You must think in getting a breastlift with implants, which is fixed in the same time the size of the areola .

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  Absolutely!  It appears you would benefit from a breast lift with areola reduction and implants, even small ones if you want to increase volume.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breasts with mommy makeover

Yes you can fix the breasts at the same time.  The breast and abdomen are the main areas treated in a mommy makeover.  You will require a lift which will shape the breast and reduce the nipple areolar.  From your photos you may need an augmentation with the lift if you do not have enough volume.  Find a board certified Plastic Surgeon for the best outcome.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD   Atlanta Plastic Surgoen

Donald Nunn, MD

Thanks for your question and photos. That is great that you were able to breastfeed your children. As much joy and pleasure children bring they can also change the body in ways that many people do not expect. It is quite common in our practice to have patients whose breasts have changed after breastfeeding. In your case, just based on your photos, it seems you would benefit from a breast lift and possibly an implant. Best to meet with a plastic surgeon who is a member of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best to you. –Dr. Coan.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Yes, the mommy makeover procedure generally includes a tummy tuck and breast enhancement. If you are concerned about sagginess and nipple placement but not your breast size, then a lift alone would suit your needs. If you would also like to be larger and have more upper pole fullness, I recommend getting implants as well as the lift. Best of luck with your mommy makeover.

Jaime Perez, MD

Mommy makeover

Its very common for patients in my practice to combine a tummy tuck with a breast lift surgery.  You appear to be an ideal candidate for a breast lift with or without implants, depending on the size you would like to be after surgery.  Your areolas can be reduced during the same procedure.  Consult with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and suitability.

Correcting aesthetic problems with the breast is part of a mommy makeover.

Yes, your breast can be fixed with other surgical repair as part of a mommy makeover. It looks as though a mastopexy with or without implants depending on the ultimate size you desire would give a very good result.

Mommy makeover

Correction of your drooping breasts is indeed part of a mommy makeover. From your photographs, it seems you could consider just a breast lift or a breast lift with augmentation, which would give you a perkier look.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with mommy makeover

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Yes, a breast lift with or without implants can be done alongside your tummy tucks surgery.  This combination is in fact one of the set of surgeries that define a mommy makeover procedure.  A breast lift alone will allow you to correct the areola size as well as the position of the breast on the chest.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD