Has anyone ever had an overweight patient have good results before? (photo)

I am 5'2", 44 years old and weigh 218 pounds. I have never had children. I exercise 3 days a week. I had both sides of my stomach and the center of my stomach coolsclupted 6 weeks ago and have a second appointment next week. I think it is a great motivational tool for someone overweight. I am not sure how many sessions I will have but I don't reget it so far. I think it is working. Has anyone ever had a patient that is overweight have good results? And how many sessions would you recommend ?

Overweight patients being treated with CoolSculpting

Every patient is different so it is hard to recommend the about of sessions or cycles without a consult but your photos look great! I have had overweight patients with great success but the patient is more likely to see best results if they are near their ideal weight. 

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Has anyone ever had an overweight patient have good results before?

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting works best on patients who are at or near their ideal weight. If you are happy with your results, you are more than welcome to continue with your treatments. However, CoolSculpting only eliminates 25% of fat cells in a treatment area at a time. If you are looking for more dramatic results, I would recommend speaking to your treating physician or consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon as you will not get this with CoolSculpting. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Overweight and Cool Sculpting

Dear DDavis, If you were my client we would have had a frank discussion on realistic expectations as well as what your goals were. Ideal Cool Sculpt candidates are those with a BMI under 30 however if you were educated on what the treatments can do for you and knowing you'd need repeats I don't see a problem with you getting Cool Sculpt. Remember it won't treat visceral fat but should help with the fat you can pinch and pull. But, in regards to your question about if we've had nice results on overweight clients- sure! Hope that helps. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

People at a healthy target weight see the best CoolSculpting® results.

I’m glad to hear that you’re pleased with the CoolSculpting® results you’ve experienced thus far and that it’s helping you to exercise and adapt healthy habits. However, it’s important to note that CoolSculpting® is not designed to help you lose weight. It’s a non-surgical body contouring method that’s ideal for people who have reached their goal weight but have stubborn pockets of fat that are diet- and exercise-resistant. Without an in-person examination, it’s impossible to say how many CoolSculpting® sessions you should have. I’d suggest focusing on a more robust weight loss plan and once you’ve come closer to your target weight, consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

CoolSculpting an Overweight Person

There is no way of knowing exactly how many cycles you will need without seeing you in person and not knowing what your goals are.  It looks like you are seeing great progress in a short amount of time, so keep up with it, it seems to be working great for you.  Of course, you should keep up with a healthy diet and exercise regularly to help reach your ideal weight and body.  Combining CoolSculpting and weightloss will probably be best for you! 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Coolsculpting and Being Overweight

I would never have done the coolsculpting on you, or had a very frank discussion that the sessions would give you very little results but potentially motivation to diet and exercise more efficiently.  With your level of skin looseness, you really will need weight loss, liposuction and skin removal to get a more contoured look.  Best, Dr. Emer.