There's so many rhinoplasty drs! How can I pick the best one for me? (Photo)

I have been waiting for over 20 years to do this!

Consultations

Thank you for reaching out! You are correct that there are a lot of surgeons out there! Definitely start by finding a board certified surgeon with plenty of experience. From there you can start to find a few near you and visit them for an in person consultation. Check out their before and after photos and ask plenty of questions at your consultations! I think you will find that you will know which surgeon you feel most comfortable with and can trust with your procedure! best of luck. Dr. Kim

Consultations

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best rhinoplasty surgeons

Both Plastic Surgeons and Facial Plastic Surgeons do rhinoplasty.  Some do more aesthetic rhinoplasty  than others. Your photograph shows considerable asymmetry that will require skill, experience and patience on the part of your surgeon. The best rhinoplasty surgeons I have encountered are members of the  Rhinoplasty Society and I recommend you visit their website to find a member near you.

Best rhinoplasty surgeons

Rhinoplasty - picking the right doctor

For sure you should meet face-to-face. I would also suggest that you have computer morphing so that you can see potential results before you have surgery. Most important is that you have a good feeling that your doctor knows what you are looking for. Communication is very important! You can look at case # 2906 on the web link below. She had to have a revision procedure. 

Hope this helps

Dr. K 

Rhinoplasty - picking the right doctor

Hope this helps

Dr. K 

Secret method to find the best

I'll disclose to you one very valious method to guess who is the best surgeon for your nose.

Do consult with many surgeons, many means no less than 5, ideally 10, and then you'll know the "best" and right for you when you hear something quite close to the following words: 

"Well, seems you have the typical non typical nose; typical because it is the standard case of nasal reduction and feminization in an over prominent nose to a woman like you, needing dorsal hump shaving, osteotomies to close the roof, tip reduction and deprojection; not a big deal, 1 hour surgery and medium-low difficulty case, to be done endonasal and without any grafting; however... your typical nose is an atypical case... you are born with an uncommon congenital malformation, your right alar cartilage has an aberrant lateral crura, yes, the right side of your tip and ala has a sunken area because you were born with the so called inverted or concave lower lateral crura syndrome (subvariety: unilateral right; partial affection, only the outer half is inverted), and this HAS TO be addressed; there are varied methods for this purpose, all via open structure rhinoplasty, and most of them if not all the successful ones involve grafting to tutorize or replace the sunken aberrant fragment; due to the latter your nose is of medium-high difficulty, needs open approach and will take 2 hours; anyhow is equally successful in my hands, I have done dozens like you, and I'll show you my b&a images and, what's more relevant and meaningful: intraoperative images of my techniques and cases, which can't be edited, photoshopped or ripped from someone's else practice."

When you hear a similar speech you'll know you are at the right place before the right hands.

If you wish better grounded opinion please do post or send privately well lit, focused and standard images: frontal, both lateral and both oblique views, also underneath the nostrils.

Feel free to request any additional information from me.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Secret method to find the best

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon

I suggest you find a qualified surgeon in you area who is a member of the Rhinoplasty Society. The Rhinoplasty Society is a small group of Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and ENT Surgeons who super specialize in nasal surgery.  

Ronald Gruber, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon

Ronald Gruber, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

How do I pick a Rhinoplasty doctor?

Choosing a surgeon can be a life changing decision.  My suggestion is to find a specialist in their field, by making sure they are Board Certified in Facial Plastic surgery.  It's good if they have a double board certification in Otolaryngology too.  You also need to feel comfortable with the doctor, that he/she has heard you and he/she understands your goals.  Good luck and be well. Dr. Mac

How do I pick a Rhinoplasty doctor?

Read my essay on how to find the right doctor for a rhinoplasty.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, and read the section on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon. You should only have surgery if you are able to make yourself very confident in your surgeon's skills.

The short answer is to see lots of before and after photos, and find a surgeon whose results you like. Then follow the other instructions on being sure that you and the surgeon communicate well enough.

I usually make computer morphs when I'm answering a RealSelf question, to show the changes that are possible for your nose with a rhinoplasty. For example see this page:
FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_Morphs.html

But unfortunately the photo you submitted isn't good enough for making morphs. At the *very* bottom of the Web reference page is a link to instructions on taking photos that are more comprehensive and useful for online consultations like this, in case you'd like a more complete evaluation.

Selecting the best rhinoplasty surgeon?

Those of us who have been doing rhinoplasty for 35 years think we are the best. Look at the results of various websites and choose the surgeon whose noses you like best.

Selecting the best rhinoplasty surgeon?

There are so many rhinoplasty doctors! How can I pick the best for me?

Do not make a rush decision to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure. Take your time to select your surgeon based on experience, since rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery. Make appointments with the three busiest rhinoplasty surgeons in your area. Look at their board certifications, ratings, reviews, and testimonials. Focus on their before-and-after photo gallery which should be extensive, and is reflective of their busy  rhinoplasty practice. Digital computer imaging should also be helpful to give patients an idea of what their new nose would look like upon their facial features. For more information and many before-and-after examples of rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below

Rhino

What you want done is completely up to you.Rhinoplasty which typically starts at $5,500 depending on the area you live. To make sure you get the best possible result, the surgeon should perform a detailed exam of the nose and provide a realistic goal that you and your surgeon agree upon. Rhinoplasty are permanent, but with age facial features do change. Find a surgeon and go for a consult. Maybe try and see if the Dr can do photo imaging to show you what he or she can achieve.

Rhino