I had Restylane in my lips, tear troughs, upper cheeks, & nasal labial folds around mouth. Is this normal? (photo)

Hi. it's been 5 days since my restylane injections. I can see a white area under my eye, upper lip and also one side from my nose to mouth in a Complete line. I feel my lips look almost thinner and stick out. My lines around my mouth more pronounced now. And my under eyes still have bags. Also I have lines on top of my cheeks when I smile. I just don't know if I'm being hyper critical. Should I see her for my 2 week follow up and let her re- inject or follow up with someone else? I feel uglier

Restylane and assessment

As with all my filler patients, I always wait at least 10 -12 days before making a call. Ideally I like to see them back for re-evalutation at 2 weeks. At that stage you should discuss with your Specialist your concerns, and then review the before photographs. 

Corrections and top ups can then be decided upon during this follow up. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Results after filler

It is usually prudent to wait a full 10-14 days after treatment with fillers to appreciate the full results.  Swelling can sometime make areas appear over filled or create new creases that will reduce with the swelling.  In general, an open discussion with your physician about expectations should be had prior to treatment; it is never a bad idea to make a follow up appointment in 10-14 days after filler injection to evaluate results.  At this appointment, tweaking can be done via more filler or even hyaluronidase injections.  If you don't feel comfortable with your physician, it is never a bad idea to seek out a second opinion in person.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers and Results

I tell people to wait 2 weeks before assessing the final results as there is swelling and the filler needs to integrate into the tissue. Also you should compare your after results with your phsyicians boefore photos in a standardized setting and not the up close "selfie" photos.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Facial fillers - before and after photos

You certainly have more than enough pictures to share with the provider that injected the fillers.

I would return to him/her for an in person evaluation.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian

Unhappy Results from Facial Injections

If you are unhappy with your results you should definitely return to your treating physician for examination.  The results are very difficult to gauge by the photos.  An in person evaluation is really the only way to assess the results but trust your instincts.  Best, Dr. Green