202 lbs and 5'7". Healthy weight for BBL? (Photo)

Hello, i am weigh 202 IBS and i am 5'7 i want a bigger butt, and a smaller upper body, should i loose weight before i start getting surgery or is it Okey to stay this weight? And i was thinking About getting a BBL and Lipo in my arms and on ny upper body, stomach back etc. Is this the best way to Get my dream body or? And if i had to loose weight, how much is enough? And how much do you think i would loose after the surgery?

Healthy weight for a BBL>

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.H

202 lbs and 5'7". Healthy weight for BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well. I will recommend you to get a tummy tuck with muscle repair, liposuction and bbl, you're a good candidate for the procedures. I recommend you to have your bmi under 33 for the procedure.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

You are an excellent candidate for liposuction and BBL as you are now.

I would recommend an in person consultation.  In general, BMI should be below 30 before surgery for safety reasons. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Every doctor will have a slightly different protocol based on their beliefs and experiences but most will agree that having a BMI above 30 isn’t optimal for elective cosmetic surgery. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. Your BMI is around 32 which is considered obese and isn’t optimal for undergoing elective cosmetic surgery as it puts you at a higher risk of delayed healing, so it would be best for you to try and get your BMI down to around 30 or lower. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results because weight fluctuation can cause a change in your results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. Once you have reached your goal weight, I do believe that you would see great improvement in your body contour from a BBL and liposuction of the arms, abdomen and back. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon