Do you doctors think I need a lift or just a breast implant will be fine? (photos)

Breast Lift Or Augmentation

Thank you for your question. The answer may depend somewhat on what your goals and expectations are. If you expect your nipples to be repositioned and the breasts to look perkier overall, you should probably consider a lift- with or without breast implants.

All the best

Do you doctors think I need a lift or just a breast implant will be fine

I think that an implant alone would leave you bigger and saggier. I think a lift would give you  abetter outcome and appearance

Julio Garcia, MD

Do you doctors think I need a lift or just a breast implant will be fine?

Based on your photos alone I would recommend a lift for optimal results. Please consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Augmentation - Need A Lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. It looks like a lift will be required in addition to placement of breast implants. I do not think you will achieve a satisfactory result with either augmentation or a lift alone. It is best to have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. Ask to see a lot of before and after photos of their work. Hope this helps and good luck!

Depends

It depends on the look you desire.  If you would like perky breasts, higher on your chest wall, with maybe a smaller areola, you would be better served with a lift, and maybe a small implant.  If you desire large breasts that is somewhat ptotic and voluptuous, then just an implant would be fine.  Best wishes, Dr. T.

Breast Lift

Hello Brunela, Thank you for your Picture and questions. Breast Lift is among one of the most performed cosmetic procedures.  A breast lift addresses sagging and uneven breasts, decreased breast volume and drooping nipples and stretched areolas, recreating a youthful shape and lift to your breasts. If there is too little or too much breast volume, a breast augmentation or breast reduction might be recommended in addition to a lift. Every year, thousands of women undergo successful breast-lift surgery, experience no major problems and are pleased with the results. I suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants

To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. A mastopexy (breast lift) raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and implants.

A breast lift raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you just want to go bigger, the only way to do that is with implants. The great thing about these techniques is that they can now be done with minimal scarring and performed as an outpatient procedure without the need for general anesthesia.

When women with saggy breasts want to go bigger, I usually advise doing a breast lift along with the implants. Otherwise, the implants create what we call a “double bubble,” where the breast droops off the end of the implant like a sock. Some of my patients, however, don’t want a lift because they want to avoid additional scarring, so sometimes implants alone can sometimes fill out the skin and eliminate the saggy appearance.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. Unfortunately, implants alone do not provide any lift and you might be unhappy with the results if you don't opt for a breast lift as well. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post-procedural results. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck!  

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Lift or implants

Breast Lift with Implants or Implants Alone
One of the more common scenarios that we as aesthetic plastic surgeons deal with in cosmetic breast surgery is the patient from either weight loss, or post pregnancy has a little bit of drop of the breast off of the chest wall that we call ptosis. The question then becomes in the patient's mind, can we just fill the space with an implant and create a youthful looking breast. It all depends on what the patient's perception of youthful is. My patients, more than likely, would like to have upper pole fullness of the breast without the necessity for wearing a push-up bra. In these situations, a breast lift plus an implant both centers the nipple and areola complex on the breast while replacing the lost volume with an implant. Most patients’ hesitation in doing the breast lift as well as implants, are the potential for bad scars. In my experience, we talk a lot about the scars of a breast lift preoperatively, but hardly ever in the postoperative phase. It seems to me, that when the breast is up high on the chest wall, youthful and perky, that one does not even see the scars. Most of the time, these incision lines heal uneventfully anyway. In the small chance that the scars are more red or thicker than one would like, we have many options in lasers, light sources, and laser assisted drug delivery techniques to mitigate against unsightly scars. Sometimes, patients who I've seen have seen other physicians who have recommended simply placing a large implant to "fill the space". This seems to be a very temporary fix for the situation in that the stretched out soft tissue that the implant is placed into, usually will allow very rapid descent of the breast, such that in just a few months, it looks like a bigger version of the breast that they first started with. They will then sometimes have a secondary mastopexy, and at that time, I would often recommend that they replace the very large implant with a smaller one. In my opinion, a large lift, meaning taking out as much of the stretched out skin as possible, and placing a more modest size implant will make a breast that will remain perky and up on the chest wall for a long period of time. In my opinion, perky breasts, not necessarily large breasts, look youthful. Patients will then ask, "why then does Dr. so-and-so tell me that I can just have implants?" My answer to this is very simple. It is far easier in most plastic surgeons’ skill sets to place a large implant then do a breast lift with an implant. The simultaneous lift and implant procedure is a little more challenging in that you're trying to do opposite things at the same time. One, you're trying to make the skin envelopes smaller and at the same time make the breast larger. One easy way to decide whether a lift is good for you, is to see your image in 3-D on a Vectra camera system. In our office, we can then compare two images: one with mastopexy with implants and the other with implants alone. In that way, both the patient and plastic surgeon can see what the difference in the look of both procedures are. Usually when implant is placed only, and a breast lift was really needed, what the patient will see is a breast that is falling off of a properly placed mound that's higher in the chest wall than the breast is. The breast seems to be falling off the implant. They will commonly squeeze the end part of their breast and ask, “why hasn't the implant filled this space out?” For me, the in between operation is to use a tall shaped implant. These anatomically shaped implants can create the illusion, that although the nipple has not really been raised, that the nipple is now more centered on the breast. While these implants do cost more than round implants, it still less expensive than adding a breast lift. All things considered, it's best to consult with a few talented and busy cosmetic breast surgeons to get different opinions. Good luck with your decision.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast implants will not and cannot lift breasts

I'm afraid an implant alone will not only Not fix your problem; it will actually make your problem worse. Know that implants are heavy and will undoubtedly pull and stretch your tissues even further down your chest making it more difficult to correct. You see, implants cannot lift breasts. They cannot 'fill in' the loose skin and they cannot elevate areola/nipples. Implants would need to be placed directly behind your breast to avoid the 'double bubble' look, but then the result is larger saggier breasts. You need a breast lift to reshape and re-position your breasts high on your chest. You seem to have enough breast tissue to undergo The Horndeski Method without implants and no vertical scar. Take a look at the results attached.
Best wishes and kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon