Lost 100lbs, losing the last pounds right now and wondering if I can have my consult now or later?

I've lost 100 pounds and need to lose 50 more, I'm on a strict diet with doctors approval and losing Quickly... Should I do my consult for TT & BA now or should I wait until I'm fully done?

Weight Loss and Tummy Tuck

Congratulations on your weight loss! Ideally it's recommended to be within 5-10 lbs of your goal weight as the doctor can make a better assessment. However, some patients find it motivating to consult now to help take the last stubborn pounds off. Make sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon that can be involved with your process and talk to you about what the best coarse would be for you. Wish you all the best and congratulations again!

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

You can start now

You may want to use this time to determine who you will trust to do your surgery.  I see a lot of patients who are still losing weight so we can start surgical planning.  Depending on the extent of the work we sometimes need to stagger operations etc.  This is a great opportunity for you to establish a therapeutic alliance with a plastic surgeon. I find it helps people stay on track with their weight loss as well because they are actually beginning to take the steps towards planning and making it real.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss! I suggest that you wait until you reach your long-term stable weight prior to the consultation process. Doing so will allow your plastic surgeon to give you definitive advice and not speculate as to what may procedures be necessary/helpful once you have reached your long-term stable weight.

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. It will be important to educate yourself about the potential risks/complications associated with surgery and have a good idea of realistic expectations. Keep in mind, that it is a major operation, associated with a significant physical (and often emotional) recovery period. Having enough help/support at home for yourself and any dependents will be important part of the planning process.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss), helps. Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question.  In order to give you your best results it would be wise to wait until you are at the weight you wish to be before scheduling your consultation.  Be sure to schedule with a baord certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your surgical options and work togerther to build a plan that will best help you achieve your overall desired goals.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Dr derby

i think it will be a good idea to already consult with the doctor of your choice. It is a good stimulation for the weight loss process and he can advise you on certain details. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Losing weight

I think it is a good idea to consult a plastic surgeon during the weight loss process.  The surgeon can tell what is needed and you can prepare yourself better.  I highly recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Alex Kim, MD

Alex Kim, MD

Consultation Now?

Pregnancy along with aging result in weight fluctuations that can have a substantial impact on a woman’s body. It may cause loss of volume in areas such as breasts and buttocks and even affect the fat distribution in the face. It causes fat to be deposited in other unwanted areas, like your hips or thighs. It stretches the abdominal wall skin and muscle tone. And you can actually approach each of those areas and rejuvenate them and in some cases make them better than before pregnancy. It's always best to be at your ideal stable weight when having the procedure but there is no problem at all in having consultations while you are losing the weight.

Mommy makeover

Congratulations on your weight loss! It is best to be at your goal weight or close to it.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options, Best of luck!

Consultation now or later

I would suggest that you wait until you are done with all your weight loss and you have reached your desired weight before consulting with a Plastic Surgeon. This way your Plastic Surgeon will be able to give you more of a realistic view on what you can achieve. 

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss Before Procedures

Wow!  Congratulations on your weight loss journey! Typically I recommend patients to be with in 10-15 lbs of the goal weight to achieve the best optimal results post surgery.