What is a good at home peel for a beginner with a caramel African American skin complexion? (Photo)

I have acne & Hyperpigmentation on my face(oily), back chest & shoulders my dermatologist Refered to the conditions on my body as comedones they are under the surface. I am looking for peels to purchase and do at home. I've done research and some say glycolic, salicylic, and lactic acid's are not good for my skin. Others say they can be used Just in low concentrations or for less time. Any recommendations as to what peel to use as well as brands. My skin is kind of sensitive also.

None

Light home peels used correctly will require multiple peels and will not be effective. If you want results I would recommend the vi peel which is safe for any color of skin. I have excellent results in patients of color within one week.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

At Home Peels

With your beautiful colored skin I  would suggest you consult a board certified dermatologist for a prescription strength Retin-A and bleaching cream.  We have developed a special pigment protocol that you can use at home that removes pigmentation and evens out the tone and texture.  Best, Dr. Green

Peels are excellent for your skin The most effective way to fight acne and hyperpigmentation is with a daily peel. Once you start using them you will notice an immediate difference. You will see clear, new and youthful skin.

At home chemical peels work in a similar way to dermatologist peels by speeding up the shedding of dead skin cells and stimulating collagen however at-home chemical peels contain lower concentrations of acids than a dermatologist can offer. If you are looking for more dramatic results visit a professional for an in-office peel and since you suffer from comedones it might be a great idea to combine it with a facial. You can do this in combination with your at-home peels.

With that said, my patented Alpha Beta® Peels are gentle—yet effective enough—to be used on every patient’s skin type and it is safe to use on your chest, shoulder or back.The great news is that we have a variety of at-home options for you.  Since your skin is sensitive and you are a beginner you should start out with our ultra gentle peel or the original (universal) formula. Make sure to moisturize afterwards. It is normal to feel a little tingling during the peel and feel tight or dry after a peel. The most important thing is that you will feel refreshed and clean. Find a good oil-free moisturizer. The daily peels come in a pack of 30 or 60. Once you are ready to graduate to a stronger peel you might like to try the medi-spa peel.

Dennis Gross, MD