Breast has developed a sore 5 months post breast reduction / silicone implant / lift surgery. (photos)

I just got home from vacation & noticed an open sore underneath my left nipple. Seeping a little blood mixed with other clear liquid. I have never had an open wound since surgery 5 mths ago. I put triple antibiotic ointment on it. No pain in the breast. Sore is the size of a large pea. I drank 2 glasses of wine and took 1/2 Xanax each night to sleep just this past wk. Normally my diet is w/o alcohol or drugs. I had a lower facelift on 3/4/16, but no noticeable healing issues there. Worried!!!

Open wound months out from reconstruction.

It is certainly not normal to develop a draining wound this far out from surgery.  Several potential causes are rubbing from clothing on an area in which your sensation has not returned, a seroma which has worked its way to the incision, or a developing implant infection.  I would recommend following up with your surgeon as soon as possible.  If it is not an implant infection, you need to address the cause quickly to prevent one.  Good luck!

Open wound

It is a bit unusual to have an open wound develop 5 months after surgery. Best to be seen in person to determine appropriate care. 

Breast has developed a sore 5 months after breast reduction, implant placement and lift

Thank you for sharing your photograph and question.  I am sorry to hear of your recent wound development and I would recommend seeing your plastic surgeon sooner than later.  Development of a wound this far out from surgery is concerning for a possible infection and should be evaluated by an in-person examination.  Hope this helps.