Brow Lift ? Blepharoplasty? Trying to improve upper part of my face. (photos)

Hi, I want to improve the upper part of my face since the lower part I believe looks good. Can you give your opinion on what to do ? I already have filler under my eyes and forehead.

Browlift

Hello and thank you for your questions and photos. Your pictures are limited and I always recommended in person consultation for a more formal assessment. Based upon limited photos I do believe a conservative  browlift and potentially an upper lid blepharoplasty may be beneficial. The majority of the lift will be in the lateral brow and a conservative approach is best for a male. This may be enough you can certainly discuss this with the addition of a blepharoplasty if indicated. I would recommend you seek out a qualified board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss this further. Best of luck.

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift ? Blepharoplasty? Trying to improve upper part of my face.

Looks like you do have lid ptosis based on the photos but this needs to be confirmed in a face to face consultation.  Once ptosis is corrected I would consider a conservative upper lid blepharoplasty with a browpexy procedure.  I'm a strong advocate for very conservative male lid/brow procedures and this would fall within those guidelines.   Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Brow Lift? Blepharoplasty?

These pictures do not show any need for an upper eyelid blepharoplasty but a brow lift may be appropriate. Having said that I recommend you first have an evaluation for possible ptosis or weakness of the upper eyelids.

Brow lift? Blepharoplasty?

A  full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about any type of surgery. It's important to rule out ptosis. The primary goal of  an upper blepharoplasty procedure is to remove the hooded and excess skin on the upper eyelids to rejuvenate them. The primary goal for a brow lift is to lift low set eyebrows. For more information and many examples of both procedures, please see the link and the video below

Ptosis

it seems like you have ptosis of the eyelid. See an oculoplastic surgeon and evaluate what exactly bothers you with your upper face. Ptosis repair, blepharoplasty and/or brow lift could be good options for you but an in person evaluation is needed.

Chris Thiagarajah MD FACS

Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Denver Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ptosis

Hard to really tell from these pictures, but it looks like you have a ptosis of the upper lids which can be surgically repaired.  You might also benefit from elevating the lateral brow.  See an oculoplastic surgeon who can evaluate your eyelid muscles to determine what procedures would be best for you.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow ptosis or upper eyelids

Thank you for your pictures! The brows and eyes are extremely important to our overall appearance - you have already figured this out.  An important part of rejuvenating the upper third of the face is making sure that you do not alter your look.  What I mean is that often times people make the mistake of looking at the tree instead of the forest.  This is how you see some people who end up with the "deer in headlights" look.  A great way of determining whether you have brow ptosis and would benefit from a brow lift is 2 fold - combining physical exam with pictures of yourself when you were younger to determine what is appropriate for you.  Often times, a combination browpexy - upper eyelid procedure is all that is needed.  Sometimes, its just a browlift.  It really depends on what your particular needs are as these two procedures need to be catered specifically to you.  That being said, based on the pictures that you sent, a browlift or browpexy is certainly something to be discussed.  However, the only way to really determine is with a physical exam as we discussed previously.  I know I did not answer your question directly, however, I hope some of this helps! Best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon