What is wrong with my nose and how can it be fixed? (photos)

I had septorhinoplasty 6 months ago. I wasn't even sure about getting rhinoplasty but the doctor said that the straightening the septum would make my nose even longer. And I didn't like how my nose pulls down when I smile so I went for it. The doctor said he will (word to word) "take it the septum and narrow the tip". Instead he did sooooo much more. And it's so weak, my septum cartilage is very soft, short and on a top of that perforated. What can be done to make my nose bigger, stronger?

There may be a good solution for you.

Of course, you would need a revision operation, but only if we could come up with some substantial, meaningful improvements that are also fairly predictable to accomplish. I need more photos to evaluate your nose.

I usually make a morph when I'm answering questions like this, to show the changes that are possible for your nose with a rhinoplasty, but unfortunately the photos you submitted aren't good enough for making morphs. Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my post, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_All_Treatments.html

At the *very* bottom of that page is a link to instructions on taking photos that are most useful for online consultations like this.

I'm sorry to say that the septal perforation will not close on its own, but it might be possible to close the perforation at the time of a revision operation.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

6 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

Congratulations for having patience and wait six months PO, which is the recommended time allowed to make judgments of value and be precise and accurate.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you schedule a follow-up consultation with your board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss. Keep in mind that your nose is still healing until you reach the 12-month post-op mark and, in some cases, up to 14 months.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon