What's wrong with my incisions? (Photo)

At first my incisions were healing really well but when I checked with my camera phone I saw something alarming. There are 2 photos posted below the one that looks the best is the incision before and the one that has the spot is today.

What's wrong with my incisions?

It is hard to determine what is going on in the photos.  I would get in contact with your plastic surgeon.

Post-Op Healing, Incisions

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION, LIFTS

1.    pain is variable

2.    it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax

3.    celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help

4.    massage and stretching may help

5.    everyone heals differently

6.    4-7 days off from work is common

Sutures: Most sutures dissolve on their own within a few weeks. If you find yourself concerned at all about the healing of your incisions and the settling of scars it would be best to visit your surgeon to have the area evaluated to make sure that healing is progressing as it should. Good luck.

Breast augmentation incisional concerns

Thank you for the question and photos.  Your incisions appear to have an occlusive glue applied on the skin.  The incisions do not appear separated by photos alone.  The adhesive usually stays applied for 1-2 weeks.  I suggest you do bring up any concerns with your surgeon.  An in-person examination will best assess the situation and concern.

Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Incision

Thank you for your question. It appears like a glue on the incision. Otherwise to is healing OK. Please talk to your PS if any concerns.

Nothing wrong

it appears you are healing fine, it looks like your surgeon used skin glue(likely derma bond or some knock-off of it) to close/seal the incisions. 

What's wrong with my incisions?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... It seems that you have something coming out of the incision? maybe it's something your surgeon used to close them. It seems to be alright from the pictures, besides that I recommend you to go an see your surgeon for a check up

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Incision

Thank you for your question and photos.  If there is concerns with your incision, the best course of action you can do it to contact your surgeon's office.  From the photo it looks like there is a type of glue material over the incision. Every surgeon has different ways to close their incision so talk with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon about your concerns. 

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Scar

You may have some glue that is beginning to peel away, but I would suggest letting your surgeon check your scars.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Incisions?

Best advice is to follow up with your surgeon. They know exactly how they closed your wound and how it should look at this point.