What is wrong with my eyes? (photos)

They look weird. They are also far apart. I know there is a fold but I don't know what it's called. What should I do about my eyes?

Doctor Answers 4


you have excessive skin of the upper eyelids, which is likely genetic. This can be addressed relatively easily with a blepharoplasty. As far as the distance between your eyes, it is essentially within normal limits and is honestly not what is noticeable about your eyes.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Eyes look weird

You do have a slight excess of skin that is likely genetic and can be cleaned up with a very simple blepharoplasty. As far as feeling like your eyes are far apart, the space between your eyes should be the length of one of your eyes. I literally just took out a ruler and measured on your photo and it is exact to the millimeter, so please don't worry about that! 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Extra eyelid fold

Hi. You have some upper eyelid skin bunching up and forming a second eyelid crease. This can be corrected by blepharoplasty with eyelid crease formation. See an oculoplastic surgeon for a consultation. They can let you know your options. Hope this helps. Best regards, Ira Vidor, M.D.

Ira Vidor, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Nothing "wrong" with your eyelids...

You have a natural double crease, and normal, symmetric lid folds. The lateral corners are slightly lower than the medial corners - but that may be a normal facial feature for you. You don't have to feel compelled to do a thing with your eyes, but if you are bothered by the appearance, you could see an Oculoplastic surgeon who can examine your eyelids, reassure you, and suggest specific treatments if you would like to make a change in the appearance. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.