How much would it cost for me to have a mini tummy tuck? (Photos)

May i ask What else can I get besides an tummy tuck that will help my stomach flatten.

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mini vs Full Tummy Tuck

A mini is great for that uncommon individual with a flat, smooth upper abdomen, normal looking belly button and muscle laxity just involving the lower abdomen. I'm afraid you would be disappointed with a mini but you would be a very good candidate for a full tummy tuck which would give you a nice round belly button as well as smooth and tighten the skin in the entire zone between the lower rib cage and the groin. Unfortunately there is really no other procedure that can correct the skin laxity that you have. Fees in the Dallas area probably average 8000-9000 but vary widely based on the anesthesia, surgery center and doctors experience.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Cost of tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you would be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck considering the extent of excess skin and laxity.  A mini tummy tuck would not sufficiently address all this and would leave you disappointed.  The average price of a tummy tuck based on over 15000 realself reviews is $8100.  This will vary from region to region and surgeon to surgeon.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

How much would it cost for me to have a mini tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question and pictures. In my practice, I would only offer you the full tummy tuck operation; any lesser operation would not end up with an outcome that you or I would be pleased with. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. 

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps.

TT

Thank you for your question and your photos.

based on your photos i recommend you a full tummy tuck and combine it with a lipo to mold your body figure and have better results.

Best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Full tummy tuck

Dear luvyourself1st,
  Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures, you appear to have significant skin and muscles laxity from the chest bone to the pubic bone.
 If you want to luv yourself, do not even think about mini tummy tuck. I just had a patient consultation for full tummy tuck after she had a very disappointing and frustrating mini tummy tuck surgery for condition like your. 
 I have been in practice 29 years and found very limited number of patients who were justified to have mini tummy tuck (maybe 5 out of over 1000 full  tummy tucks) .
  Cost of surgery is important, but if you will have to have a second surgery - full tummy tuck , it will cost you much more.
  Not all results are the same, because, experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and satisfying outcome.
    So, do your due diligence and choose wisely.
 Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive.
                              Dr Widder