Wanting to know best options for severe gyno surgery and tummy tuck or lipo in stomach and flanks? (photos)

Post op gastric sleeve from 12/2013. Went from 401 to 309 and dealing with options to lift breast and reduce severely the size as well as want sltummy tuck. Dont know if lipo on these regions is best or tissue removal or both. Later will look into fat grafting for my butt to lift and fill out. Would like to know if i could do gyno and upper arms at the same time. Excess skin of upper arms.

About the Gynecomastia Surgery with Tummy Tuck

It is not uncommon to combine a tummy tuck with male breast reduction. There are three types of surgical treatment options available to treat gynecomastia. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Lastly, it is crucial you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Skin tone could be an issue for you

Dear handsomejase,

Congratulations on your weight loss. Judging by your pictures, traditional gynecomastia surgery is not going to be effective. The contents of the chest can be removed, but as the skin is sagging, then you really have not benefited. You would need a formal breast reduction. I cannot tell very well about your skin tone regarding the stomach and flanks, and that could be determined at consultation. Even though you have made a dramatic weight loss, you would benefit by losing another 30 pounds if possible to improve your surgical risk.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Sever gynecomastia and problems with other areas.

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Body Contouring Surgery

Hi handsomejase,

Thanks for the post and the pics. Congratulations on your weight loss! The optimal timing of body contouring surgery is when you have reached your goal weight and have maintained it for 6 months. As far as your chest is concerned, you will require removal of the excess tissue but also repositioning of the nipples and removal of the excess skin. This will leave a scar along the lower portion of each chest as well as a scar around the entire areola which can also be made smaller at the time of surgery.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Wanting to know best options for severe gyno surgery and tummy tuck or lipo in stomach and flanks?

Congratulations on your significant weight loss thus far; I would suggest that you keep up the good work and undergo the body contouring operations you are considering once you are closer to your long-term stable weight.

In regards to your chest, I think that you will benefit from breast reduction surgery. Most likely, skin, adipose tissue, and breast tissue will need to be removed to achieve the flat chest out, I am sure you are hoping to achieve. In many cases, patients benefit from movement of the nipple/areola complexes upwards, as a free graft.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to gynecomastia surgery correction, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes as you work toward your goals.

Double Chest Incision Mastectomy

Your severe gynecomastia requires removal of all extra skin, fat and gland on order to provide a flat male looking chest. The technique is specialized and not all surgeons are experienced in the double incision mastectomy. The nipples need to be relocated with a special technique. Your results would be a flat chest with the resulting scars placed stategically on the new breast crease.

You may also requrie an upper back tuck if there is extra skin on your upper back. For the abdomen, you need a circular Tummy Tuck. Dr. Jaime Caloca Jr.

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Options after weight loss

Firstly, congratulations on your weight loss. These are life changing events for many people. Having a particular interest in surgery after significant weight loss, I have found that you have gone from having a fat issue to s skin issue, which is best corrected with skin (and some fat) removal. 

Performing the arm and chest surgery at the same time is the ideal combination, as the two procedures combined frequently give a better result than done separately.

If you're in otherwise good health, you could proceed whenever you and your physicians feel you have reached you goal weight or at least a stable plateau.