I want a breast aug but do not want a lift. What can I do?

Wanting a breast aug but I do not want to get a lift is there anything I can do

Surgery

Hello dear, Thanks for your question and provided pictures. I suggest you to have a lift also, because if you don't, you will have to repeat surgery again to do it, because your breasts without a lift will sagg.. It won't look good

Breast implant without a lift

Thanks for your question!
There are certainly many ways to approach cosmetic breast surgery with regards to what kind of implant u choose, and how much of a loft u need depending on ur breast shape. 
I agree with my colleagues that u will achieve the best breast shape in ur case with combining the implant with a breast lift. Many patients r apprehensive of the scars, but thanks to newer suture technology (such as Quill or Stratafix), the scars r so much less noticeable than in the past! 
Many plastic surgeons like to stage the surgeries and do the lift first, then the implant later. I usually do NOT take this approach; I usually perform aug/pexies simultaneously. 
In my experience of performing hundreds of breast augmentations per year, probably half of my patients need some kind of a lift at the same time. I even warn my implant alone patients that they will probably need some degree of lift later in time. I think u would not regret getting the implant and lift done. Best of luck!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

I want a breast aug but do not want a lift. What can I do

If you elect to have just an implant alone you will need to understand that you will be larger but also saggier.

Julio Garcia, MD

I want a breast aug but do not want a lift. What can I do? (Photo)

Thank you for your question. An implant alone may cause you to be even more unhappy with your breast. This will give you a larger breast and cause more sagging. If you are not comfortable with the scars then you should wait. Understand that the scars are a trade- off, ask yourself what bothers you more, the appearance of your breast or the scars. There are a lot of great scar therapy creams that will help minimize the appearance of the scar. The vertical scar is actually the one that heals the best which is the scar that most patients are concerned about. You can also locate a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that offers 3D imaging. The 3D imaging will show you what your breast would look like. This will show the potential and decide if you are ready for the procedure. 

William P. Adams, Jr., MD

The fine line between larger implants and a breast lift

There are cases in which there is no option other than a lift and cases where 2 entirely different outcomes are available but must be carefully considered. If the nipple hangs below the breast fold the condition is called ptosis and will likely result in a deformity often called a "Snoopy dog breast" if an implant is used without a lift. It is unlikely that a competent surgeon would agree to implant alone with that degree of ptosis, called grade 2 or 3. The "grey zone" is the case in which the nipple hangs just at the level of the fold and you may be in that category.(An exam is absolutely necessary). In those cases a larger implant may give an acceptable result which is big, mobile and still hangs but the nipple may be on the augmented mound in a way that is not deforming, although lower than ideal. The tradeoff is that a very large result must be accepted to adequately fill the skin and establish reasonable tone to the breast. Large implants plus loose skin are a near certain recipe for unfavorable changes over time, tissue thinning, additional "sagging" and progressive lateral hang when supine as examples.
A more balanced result with a more proportional size and prettier nipple position would necessitate a lift, trading well placed scars (and yes, significantly higher fees) for an entirely different breast. A good consultation will fill in the details to help make the right choice for you.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Breast Implants or Breast Lift with Implants

The degree of droopiness that you have will only be exaggerated by the placement of implants to enlarge you.  I think the difference is whether you simply want better proportioning in clothing or really want to look less droopy and look more perky in the mirror when undressed.  It's of course a personal choice that you should consider carefully.  Good luck and enjoy your results either way.
Dr. Perlman

Jon A. Perlman, MD

This is a fairly common question and concern. To have a proper look after surgery it is critical the center of the implant be positioned behind the nipple. When the nipple gets down to or below the fold it is not possible to position the implant properly as it cannot be placed below the fold. So it leaves the fullness of the implant high while the fullness of the breast is low resulting in a deformed and very unattractive look. If a lift is out of the question, it is far better to do nothing than to do the wrong thing. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  While the decision is always yours, based on your photos and the results you desire, a breast lift with augmentation will produce beautiful overall results.  You can schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to further evaluate you, discuss your options, address your concerns and goals and then work together to create the surgical plan that will work best for you.

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

It's always your choice

It's is completely up to you. An implant will give you increased volume especially in the upper part of your breast. It will not address any sagging, but that doesn't sound as if it's an issue for you. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss implant options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

It certainly would be better to do a lift and an augmentation.  However, if you are willing to only partially correct the breast droop you should consider Gummy Bear implants.  These shaped implants tend to do a better job of correcting breast droop compared to traditional round implants.