Is it unsafe to get Voluma injections 7 years after a mini-lift?

I paid for 2 syringes of Voluma XC at at ideal image. I filled out there med Hx when I returned for the actual injections, they said I was a candidate for the injections because the mini- changed by nerve and blood vessel placement. It wasn't even a smas lift. Only superficial skin! They offered me a free ulthera treatment. I already had two done there and came out with fair- good result. I don't really want another. Just the Voluma injections!!

Hello Watkins1,

It would be very safe to receive Voluma injections after a facelift.  In fact, this is commonly done years later for patients who want to help maintain the result without surgery.  The position of the nerves and blood vessels would not have been changed to any dangerous location from the previous surgery.  And Voluma and Ulthera treat different conditions so exchanging one for the other is not going to give the same result.  

I'd recommend you go to another injector for your Voluma.  There is no shortage of them in Dallas who would love your business.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma after a facelift

You can absolutely get Voluma or other filler injections after a facelift. In fact, I have many patients who come in a few years after their facelift for filler injections to help maintain their beautiful facelift results. 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Is it unsafe to get Voluma injections 7 years after a mini-lift = of course no #voluma #Minilift #fillers #drmesa #realself100

In my practice, patients that have undergone facelift several years ago with could undergo soft tissue filler augmentation of the mid face (e.g. voluma, restylane lift, etc) if they would like to rejuvenate their face due to the ongoing aging process. 

I tell my patients that facelift setback the clock, but doest not stops aging process. Therefore, maintenance may be necessary during the ongoing years, and soft tissue filler augmentation of the mid face after a a facelift might be necessary. 

John Mesa, MD

Dermal Fillers for volume lost is a must event after a facelift

Not a candidate....that seems odd.  A facelift helps pull everything together when performed by a qualified plastic surgeon.  But this DOES NOT address volume loss.  We all lose volume everywhere as we get older.   In my consults if a patient requires a facelift I will recommend they see one of my colleagues but will still advise them to seek either fat injections or dermal fillers to fill in the loss volume for a more natural look after the surgery.    I would consider seeing someone else or even the plastic surgeon who did your original lift.  Also, possibly seek out a provider using cannuals if the "risk" of nerve and vessel injury is considered too high.   I find cannuals lead to less bruising and love using it when doing large volume replacement.

Thank you for your question.  You would still be a candidate for Voluma injections even after a mini-lift and I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for treatment. 

Fillers after facelift

Fillers are often used after a facelift, full or mini, to give volume to the face.  I wonder if it was the particular injector who wasn't comfortable with administering the treatment. I would suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for a second opinion.

Camille Cash, MD

They said you weren't a candidate?

Not sure if autocorrect got you there, but did they say you were not a candidate for fillers because you had a mini lift? That seems odd as many facelift patients regularly get fillers. It could be that fillers will not get you what you are hoping for and that is why they are discouraging it. Hopefully you are seeing a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Voluma is safe

Voluma is safe after a facelift.
Voluma is very helpful to restore volume that may not be corrected with the pull from a facelift.
Most plastic surgeons are very comfortable doing Voluma after a lift.