Unhappy with my breast augmentation results.

I don't have a before picture. Before my left breast was slightly bigger and hung lower than my right. The goal was to do a small breast lift on the left and enhance the size of my breasts. Here are pics after my surgery. I was told on the left breast an LM 220 and right is an FF 290. My right doesn't seem much bigger than it was before, just fuller. And it looks more like a tear drop shap than my left which looks round shape. The doctor mentioned he had to remove tissue at the top of my left breast.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. It is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. This is best done many months from now.   At this point, I would suggest: rest, recovery, and (although easier said than done) patience. 

When to Expect Final Results

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

Seeing the changes resulting from augmentation can provide a better idea of what to expect post surgery. It is important to understand photos of others should only be used as examples. Each person’s anatomy is unique and their result is as well. You cannot expect to achieve an identical result as seen on another individual. The best thing is to allow time for healing and to remain realistic in expectations for the final results. Never hesitate to visit your surgeon for a follow-up to make sure that healing is progressing well.

Unhappy with my breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Questions about #breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery

Hi Ruby Ellen, Thank you for your question.  It's unclear what your results look like and where you are now in relation to your starting point.  Additionally, it would be helpful to know how far out from surgery you are.  Understand that the "final result" is often quite different than how breasts look immediately after surgery. At our plastic surgery clinic we spend a lot of time educating our patients on what to expect, especially post-surgery. I strongly urge you to discuss your concerns and questions directly with your board certified plastic surgeon. I hope this is helpful.  Brian S. Coan, MD,FACS

CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Patience

It is not exactly clear how far out from surgery you are. Assuming it has not yet been 6 months then you will have to give it 6 months to assess any of the true differences in the 2 breasts. Without more information it is nearly impossible in this forum to discuss what if anything could have been done differently. Therefore, my recommendation would be to discuss your concerns with your surgeon, because he or she will be the best resource as far as knowing your particular case.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

Thank you for the question and the photos though it is hard to tell what is going on from them alone and you are early post op.  That said express your concerns to your surgeon.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

We don't evaluate surgical results a few days after surgery, that can only be done after the healing has taken place. If you are still having concerns in 3 months you may want to resubmit this question, but be sure to include preop photos as the post op results ALWAYS are a reflection of the preop anatomy. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Worried about breast augmentation result

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• You look as though surgery was very recent.
  • Your implants are fairly small to suit your frame.
  • It is always worrying in the beginning -
  • Give yourself six weeks to heal - 
  • And six months to judge your final result.
  • If you end up feeling you selected implants that were too small, you have always have larger ones.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Unhappy

Without before pictures, it is difficult to explain your results in detail.  However, you appear to have a nice and reasonable result from your after photos.  It is unlikely your breasts will ever be identical.  Thats not reality.  We are not mirror images.  As you mentioned, your breasts were quit different to start with.  They seem closer to being the same now is my guess.  The implants placed were on the smaller side.  Thus, you may have increased fullness without increasing bra size.  A bit like having a king size pillow case and a queen size pillow.  You add feathers, but it's still a king size pillow case.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon