What type of lift is needed for severe droopy breasts? (Photo)

I'm interested in getting a breast lift, ( preferably without implants) my question is since my breast are severely droopy, what type of lift would I need? I'm thinking since the nipple is far from where it needs to be I would need a nipple transplant lift? If that's the case the bottom part of the breast would be cut off so would I need an implant to give me the fullness at the top? Thank you

Breast lift

Thanks for your question.  Your situation is very straightforward .  You will need a breast lift that moves your nipple to a higher position and one that tightens using a vertical incision- that will give you a vertical or, as it is sometimes called, lollipop lift.  An incision may also be needed st t eh bottom of your breast need on what it looks like in the operating room.  An implant may be needed if your tissue is as thin as it appears- this can help to improve your shoe over not using an implant.  I would suggest that you see a board certified plastic surgeon that is a member of ASAPS or ASPS.  Good luck!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hi Msan122

You may benefit from one or both of the procedures below but it's always best to seek out a qualified and experienced surgeon's opinion on your best options.

Breast reduction removes skin and breast tissue usually from the underneath and sides of the breast and reshapes the remaining breast tissue to give natural and more youthful appearance. This is carefully measured and planned at your consultation and again immediately prior to surgery. The remaining skin and tissue is reshaped around the nipple and the resulting breast is smaller, lighter and uplifted. Scars are sited around the nipple pad, from the nipple pad vertically down to the breast crease. These heal well and are generally very subtle once the healing process is complete. It is day case general anaesthetic surgery which takes approximately 2-3 hours.

Breast Uplift (Mastopexy) removes skin from the underneath and the sides of the breast, and shapes the breast to give a natural and more youthful appearance. This is carefully measured and planned at your consultation and again immediately prior to surgery. The remaining skin is reshaped around the nipple and the resulting breast is uplifted. Scars are sited around the nipple pad.

In some cases where only a small lift is required, no further scars are required. Where a more extensive lift is needed, a further scar is sited from the nipple pad vertically down to the breast crease and then side to side in the breast crease. These heal well and are generally very subtle once the healing process is complete.

What type of lift is needed for severe droopy breasts?

Actually, you are the ideal candidate for the Ultimate Breast Lift method. You will not need a nipple graft, a vertical incision nor the extra cost and risks and complications associated with breast implants. Take a look below and see what you think.

Kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift . . .

You would do very well with a mastopexy (breast lift) which is basically a small breast reduction to remove the heavier aspect of your breast. This will give you a more lifted, perky and more proportionate breast. You may elect to have implants after the breast lift, but in my opinion, I would perform this in a staged fashion. You will be very happy with your results, the satisfaction rate from this procedure is universally high. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift options

Thanks for your inquiry.  If your were my patient I would recommend an anchor style mastopexy with a vertical scar.  Please seek the in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good Luck.

Full breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  The grade III ptosis that you appear to present warrants a full (anchor) breast lift.  Depending on your volume goals, an modestly-sized implant could help improve the appearance of your breasts as well.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast lift for severe ptosis

Thanks for your question;  based on your photographs, you are an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  This could be done without breast implants.  You will end up with a scar around the nipple and areola, a vertical scar in the lower pole of your breasts and a horizontal scar in the fold (inverted "T" scar).  Even though there is a scar all around your areola, your nipple is NOT actually removed and transplanted (we call that a free nipple graft).  It remains attached to your breast tissue for blood supply and sensation and is relocated superiorly.

Mark A. Deuber, MD

From your question it seems you have yet to seek consultation with a surgeon as you totally misunderstand how a lift is done. Nipples are not removed and the breast is not cut off. You can get a great look with a lift but you obviously need to get started with a consultation from an experienced surgeon.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What type of lift is needed for severe droopy breasts

Thank you for your question.  You are a good candidate for a breast lift.  You do not need a nipple transplant.  An implant would provide superior pole fullness.  Consult with a board certified Plastic Surgeon Best Wishes.

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you would be a great candidate for a breast lift (mastopexy) using an anchor incision.  This would lift your breasts, tighten them, make them look perkier and have the nipples centered properly on your breasts.  Provided that you're healthy, your weight is stable and you're not a smoker, you would be a candidate for the surgery.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS