TummyTuck and Breast Augmentation! After 160 Lb Weightloss? (photo)

I had a partial hysterectomy w TT and 425cc silicone Implants. Please give me your opinion how it looks after 8 days. m protruding from my upper abs. is that normal to carry fluid? I went to the doc yday & he opened my staples and said its swelling he didn't give me any clear picture about this. Please tell me if this is swelling is normal and it will go down. happy w my lower abdomen and breasts, just upper bothers me. Also wanted to know, what size would be my bra cup size? I was 36DDD

Healing and Activity Following a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Mommy makeover results

It appears that you are doing well after your mommy makeover surgery, but photographs are not a substitute for an examination by your surgeon.  See your surgeon regularly during your recovery.

David Stoker, MD

Results

Good Afternoon , 

From what can be seen in the picture , is everything is normal swollen but normal , however at this point 8 days post op you will not see anything close to the final results , but everything looks good and you definitely see a diference. 

Luis Suarez, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Upper abdominal fullness after tummy tuck

Thank you for the question and the photos.  The fullness in your upper abdomen can be one of four things:  abdominal wall laxity (muscles), fat, swelling, or seroma (fluid).  Through examination your plastic surgeon will be able to determine which of these is most likely and in what degree.  There will be swelling present at this time.  The bigger question is whether there is also an appreciable amount of seroma, abdominal wall laxity, or excess fat also present.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Photograph demonstrates satisfactory healing at eight days.

It's much too early to make a pronouncement about the final outcome. There's nothing in the photograph it is alarming.

Postop progress

You have a striking difference already between your before/after photos!  So that's great news.   It looks like you are on your way to an excellent result.  But please follow your PS's postoperative care instructions carefully.  Followup with your PS scheduled.  Be patient as it can take at least 6-8 weeks for swelling to resolves.  I'm sure you'll LOVE your results!

Best wishes!
Dr. Basu

houston, tx

Very nice early result

Hi New.me.  I think you have a very nice early result.  I think your upper abs look just as they should at this time. The swelling will resolve over the next 3-6 months.  Your bra size will be a few sizes larger.  I suggest you get fitted in a few months to learn your size.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

TummyTuck and Breast Augmentation!

This looks like an excellent outcome, particularly in the setting of massive weight loss. Swelling is universal this early. Photos are not the best way to assess this 3 dimensional issue. 

I would leave the sizing to the bra shop. Expect to be about a couple cup sizes larger, unless a fair amount of tissue was removed by your surgeon. I don't even know what two size larger the DDD is. 

Normal recovery

You have some swelling after your surgery and this is totally normal.  At 8 days every patient is going to have bruising ans swelling.  Continue to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.  

TummyTuck and Breast Augmentation

Yes, your results look very normal post op at this point in your recovery. Your breasts are very large but look good-it is hard to guess bra size.