Had tummy tuck, lift replaced saline Mentor implants with 650cc silicone. Strange bruise with weird divot (Photo)

Had tummy tuck, lipo of waist along with a lift replacing saline implants 500cc with silicon implants 650cc. The left breast has a huge bruise and what looks like a 1/2inch long crease some pain above the area that is indented. Is this normal? I have a call in to nurse but now I'm worried and it's after hours. The bruise is only on the left breast.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Bruise

It looks like a bruise to me which is totally normal after a surgical procedure like you had. I can not speak to the divot you speak of. It may just be a compression mark from a garment or something like that. The bruise will go away and it may take several weeks. 

Sincerely,

DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

Had tummy tuck, lift replaced saline Mentor implants with 650cc silicone. Strange bruise with weird divot

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Some bruising after an implant replacement and breast lift is expected but if there are concerns about an increase in swelling or asymmetrical pain between your breasts, certainly speak to your surgeon to have your surgical site inspected.  Best wishes.

Bruising after surgery

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam it is hard to advise.  Some bruising and pain are common after surgery.  I am glad you are reaching out to your surgeon's office and good luck.  

Painful bruise after implant replacement, tummy tuck and liposuction

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck, breast lift, implant exchange and liposuction.

You are right to call the nurse for guidance but variations in bruising are normal after surgery. The pain is probably related to the bruise but the bruising does not look unusual. It will take a long time to see your final result and in the meantime, continue what you are doing - keeping your surgeon informed of all your concerns.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Recovery

Recovery from these procedures will take several weeks.  Bruising and misshapen breasts are common as the implants settle.  However, you did the right thing by contacting your surgeon.  If ever you have concerns with your surgery it is advised to bring it to the attention of your surgeon.

Camille Cash, MD

Strange Bruise After Procedure

Healing after the  mommy makeover will take time. I have my patients out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake.  I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  No lifting or straining.  At three weeks increased level of activity and full , no restrictions, at 6 weeks. There is always a chance that breast healing can take months for swelling to reduce and scars to settle. If you find yourself concerned or worried at all about the bruise that you see it would likely be best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined and make sure that healing is progressing well. Good Luck.