Tummy Tuck & Chest Lift - Do I Need to Lose More Weight Prior to Surgery? (Photos)

Based upon the pics, do you think that I still have more weight to lose in my stomach before I have surgery, or do you think that most of the fat remaining is subcutaneous fat? I weighed 400 lbs originally and I now weigh 207 lbs, 6'0". I have a medium body frame, my upper chest measures 40". I wear a size 32 Jean. How many inches do you think the surgery will take off my naval line? It is currently 40". How much should a tummy tuck, breast lift, muscle tightening and love handle lipo cost?

Tummy Tuck, Liposuction of the Back, and Male Breast Reduction

Congratulations on losing all that weight!

I recommend a full tummy tuck with muscle plication for a flatter abdomen;  liposuction in your back for better contour;  and breast reduction to get rid of the excess skin due to your weight loss. These three procedures would be the best option for you to achieve the best results.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Congrats on your weight loss

I don't see why you need to lose any more weight and, from the little you've provided, you look ready for surgery. I can't see your butt but, I'd at least consider a belt lipectomy for you since you're nearly have your prior weight and I suspect your butt is hanging. Hard to give your measurement results but I think you'll see a huge improvement. A belt lipectomy is around $11,000 here in my office and the breast procedure would be roughly $6000-7000. Good luck and congrats again on a (doing my best Trump impression) HUGE weight change...!

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Need to Lose More Weight Before Surgery?

Well, it is best to be at your goal weight before tummy tuck because further weight loss after surgery has the potential of causing extra loose skin and making the need for revision surgery. When patients have experienced extreme weight loss due to diet and exercise, #gastricbypass surgery, or #stomachstapling  or #lapband surgery, there will be excess body skin that needs removal. In order to correct this problem many patients will need a #TummyTuck surgery, #panniculectomy, or #abdominoplasty.   This is becoming a highly requested procedure among patients who wish to rid themselves of excess skin and tighten muscle in their abdominal area. This procedure can be beneficial for women with loose skin and stretch marks following pregnancy, and patients who have undergone significant weight loss.

Weight loss prior to surgery

Hi muddawg

Congratulations on your weight loss- great job.

Looking at you, I don't think that you really need to lose any weight.  I calculate your BMI to be 28.1 and your weight range to be 136-184 lbs.  According to my BMI calculator, this puts you at 23 lbs overweight.  You are not obese!

You don't appear to have much intra or extra-abdominal fat.  Being a weight loss patient, I assume that you have several areas where local fat pads reside.  In any event, If you are within 10-15 lbs of your target weight, I think that would be close enough.

If you want to check my prices, please call the office.  I would also be open to see you in consultation.

All the best.

Sek

You are ready

I do not feel that you need to loose any more weight. You have loose skin on your chest. Thus you will need skin removal, tissue removal and nipple re positioning for your chest surgery. That is more extensive than usual  gynecomastia surgery.  You do need abdominoplasty, muscle tightening and liposuction on your flanks. You are looking at cumulative cost of about $ 15000 for these surgeries.   

Vasdev Rai, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon